World Vision Kenya Senior Auditor Career Development Kenya April 2017
World Vision Kenya Senior Auditor Current Opportunity Kenya April 2017
Senior Auditor Job at World Vision Kenya
Position location to be determined by home country of successful candidate in a jurisdiction (country or US state) where WVI is registered to operate.
The purpose of this position is to contribute to the Global Internal Audit (GIA) mission of providing WVI Board and Management independent assurance on the adequacy, efficiency and effectiveness of internal control, risk management and governance systems by:
Utilizing the ministry-wide risk assessment project (MWRAP) and the risk-based integrated audit (RBIA) approach to identify, assess, and provide recommendations to address the major risks that threaten the organization’s ability to achieve its goals and objectives.
Ensuring that GIA’s services are rendered in accordance with the IIA Standards, GIA’s Charter and WVI’s policies and procedures.
Promoting good stewardship over funding received among key stakeholders of audited entities to ensure alignment with donor and partnership objectives, expectations and requirements.
The role of the GC Auditor is primarily focused on the implementation of risk-based audits of National Offices, GC departments, Regional and Support Offices. Verification of compliance with donor requirements and regulations is also particularly important. The incumbent will also be instrumental in rolling out and streamlining GIA strategic initiatives aimed at improving the effectiveness and efficiency of its assurance services.
Responsibilities for the Senior Auditor Job
Leadership of Audit Engagements:
- This role is about leading the processes required to plan and conduct audit engagements included in GIA’s annual audit plan, as well as special assignments and investigations. This involves:
- Identify and lead the audit team (2-3 members) as they develop and implement the engagement plan for all audits (preliminary survey, MWRAP template, audit planning memo) to ensure quality audit procedures and effective engagement with business owners and key stakeholders.
- Ensuring the GIA team produces all deliverables in a timely fashion, including APMs, e-binders, and final draft reports, and that findings are discussed, along with key action plans, with business owners and key stakeholders.
- Maintaining positive relationships throughout entire audit process through open and effective communication while building and maintaining strong cooperation within the audit team.
- Reviewing work papers of audit team members and maximizing resources to ensure that all work performed by the GC audit team meets quality standards of GIA and capitalizes on opportunities for efficiency.
Process Improvement & Simplification
- Developing a keen understanding of costumer needs, including key goals, risks, and procedures to ensure continuous improvement of each audit engagement.
- Creating a culture of iterative improvement, where each team member is empowered to identify and provide feedback on improvement or adjustment within GIA’s standards or procedures.
- Identifying trends through analysis of recurring audit issues to be highlighted to the partnership leaders and process owners.
- Suggest to the GIA manager and to other GIA leaders to address identified weaknesses in GIA procedures, tools and services, to make the process simple and effective.
Professional Development & Quality Assurance
- The GC Auditor will ensure that the audit team maintains professional proficiency while assisting the GIA leadership with special tasks:
- Performing audits and investigations assigned by GIA leaders, including consulting engagements or specialized reviews, and providing assistance to external auditors whenever needed.
- Providing continuous feedback to local auditors after each engagement based on review of performance, ensuring that each team member has adequate opportunity for individual and professional development.
- Monitoring to ensure compliance with IIA standards for Continued Professional Education (CPE) hours.
- Promoting a Christ-centered internal audit environment by ensuring that significant team building and spiritual development activities are shared by the audit team.
- Keeping the GIA manager and the director abreast of all significant findings as they arise in the field, particularly on issues of suspected fraud and/or potential significant reputational impact to the Partnership.
Senior Auditor Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or other relevant field.
- Fluency in English, solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid team-building and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office standard packages.
- Minimum of 5-7 years audit experience.
- At least 3 years risk-based audit experience.
- Proven experience to produce quality outputs under pressure.
- Experience on Enterprise Risk Management, Government Grants, IT audits, Fraud Examination.
- Experience in Operations, Fund Raising, Finance, Accounting and other support functions (e.g., HR, Procurement, IT, and etc.)
- Good knowledge of World Vision’s structure, regulations and operations.
- Cross-cultural working experience.
- One of the following or equivalent is required, CIA, CPA, CA.
- Internal audit experience working for a NGO.
- Fluency in any other of WVI’s official languages (i.e. French, Spanish, Portuguese).
How to Apply
If you feel qualified for the above role apply online through https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/global/audit/senior-auditor/7211