World Vision Kenya Project Officer NGO Current Job April 2017
World Vision Kenya Project Officer NGO Career Employment April 2017
World Vision Kenya Project Officer NGO Current Opportunity April 2017
- Company:World Vision Kenya
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- Job type:Full-Time
- Job category:Engineering Jobs in Kenya
World Vision Kenya is a leading Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. Our programmes are spread across in most parts of Kenya.
We are seeking highly competent and outstanding individuals to fill the position of Project Officer – Emergency Nutrition for an upcoming opportunity to respond to Drought Emergency in Kenya. The project targets to intervene in parts of Turkana, Marsabit, Baringo, Samburu and West Pokot.
To implement, monitor and report nutrition interventions during the ongoing Reponses to Drought Emergency in Kenya using different approaches: Integrated Management of Acute Malnutrition, Blanket Supplementary Feeding, Maternal Infant and Young Child Nutrition.
Responsibilities for the Project Officer Job
Project design, planning and implementation
- Ensure all children, pregnant and lactating women are identified, admitted and discharged from emergency nutrition programs as per national Integrated Management of Acute Malnutrition(IMAM guidelines and
- Maternal Infant and Young Child Nutrition
- To work closely with MOH and other partners to establish a referral mechanisms of both moderately and severely malnourished children and women to Integrated Management of Acute Malnutrition(IMAM), food assistance programs or other health services
- In liaison with Ministry of Health organize and coordinate integrated outreaches in hard to reach areas to increase access to nutrition services
- In liaison with Ministry of health mobilize Community Volunteers for biweekly screening and treatment of children. pregnant and lactating for acute malnutrition
- Mobilize communities to participate in nutrition project interventions though the community health workers
- Conduct health and nutrition education sessions, screening children for malnutrition, systematic treatment, supplementary and therapeutic food distribution
- Conduct training to health facility staff and Community Health Volunteers on treatment, referral of children and reporting of children with acute malnutrition
- Integrate WASH and livelihood messages during nutrition activities such as during mass screening, supplementary and outpatient therapeutic program activities
- Ensure good storage, handling of all food commodities at health facilities and any other storage areas, efficient safe distribution to the beneficiaries.
- Support the Sub-County and county nutrition officers) to make timely requests and reporting for nutrition commodities and to ensure gaps in commodities are reported to county nutrition office in timely manner
- Carry out on the job training during supervision or monitoring for health facilities implementing interventions
- Ensure project processes such as purchases are done in line with WV approved policies
- Ensure integration of Child protection, Disability, Gender mainstreaming and environmental protection into nutrition interventions during the emergency response
- Participate in Sub-County or county emergency, nutrition or food security joint assessments.
- In liaison with the Accountant track project implementation expenditure levels and budgets
- In collaboration with Area Programs Manager, ensure the timely preparation and implementation of phase-out of emergency nutrition projects
Monitoring, Reporting and Documentation
- Develop quality reports: weekly situation reports , monthly reports and quarterly reports as per WV and/donor(s) reporting guidelines
- Monitor recovery of beneficiaries in nutrition projects as per SPHERE standards
- In liaison with MoH develop monitoring plan ,analyse nutrition information from health information system to understand trends of beneficiaries for timely decision making
- Monthly monitor project expenditure and level of implementation and report any variances to the Area
- Programs Manager and/ or NO Program Officer (focal person) for decision making
- Document best practices, human interest stories and work with Area Programs Manager and M&E officer to refine the stories for publication
Advocacy, Engagement and Networking
- Represent WVK in nutrition stakeholder meetings county and sub-county levels.
- Engaging with MoH as Sub-County or county level to influence resource allocation nutrition
Project Officer Job Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Food Nutrition and Dietetics, Food Science or Community nutrition or related field from a recognized university
- At least two years field experience in projects integrating nutrition to livelihood
- Demonstrated experience in integrating nutrition and other sectors
- Demonstrate experience and skills in advocacy
- Experience in local level partnerships including Government Line Ministries(Agriculture, Ministry of Water, Ministry of Water and other stakeholders
- Must be registered with the Kenya Nutrition and Dietetics Institute (KNDI)
- Computer literate – Microsoft Office and ENA
How to Apply
If you feel qualified for the above role apply online through https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/kenya/health/project-officer-emergency-nutrition/7156