World Concern Development Organization Monitoring and Evaluation / Grants Manager Job Vacancy in Hargeisa Somalia
World Concern Development Organization Monitoring and Evaluation / Grants Manager Career Opportunity in Hargeisa Somalia
World Concern Development Organization Monitoring and Evaluation / Grants Manager Career Vacancy in Hargeisa Somalia
World Concern Development Organization (WCDO) is a Christian global relief and development agency whose supporters’ faith compels them to extend opportunity and hope to people facing the most profound human challenges of extreme poverty.
We serve nearly 6 million people in 18 countries, focusing on food security, child protection, education, maternal and child health, microfinance, vocational training, clean water and sanitation and disaster response.
World Concern has been active in Somalia for over three decade.
Position: Monitoring and Evaluation / Grants Manager
Location: Somalia / Somaliland – Hargeisa
Length of Contract: One Year – Renewable
Job Purpose: Work with the WCDO Somaliland programme team to develop and advise on the implementation of robust monitoring and evaluation system.
Lead the programme team through systematic review of programme and other data leading to documented lessons learnt and programme adaptations where necessary.
Manage WCDO donor, internal and governmental reporting requirements.
Act as a focal point for WCDO’s future research partnership and ensure the timely delivery of accurate data and reports.
Lead the operational implementation of the context analysis and programme evaluations.
In liaison with the Programme Manager and Country Director (CD) in Somaliland coordinate the programme and support teams in the development of high quality reports and funding proposals.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Fundraising and Grants Management:
- Draft Concept Notes and project Proposals as assigned by the Country Director
- Work with the CD and Programme Manager to conduct a Context Analysis for WCDO Somaliland
- Support the CD and the Programme Manager Somaliland to develop the Country Strategic Plan
- Work with programme teams to establish whether potential funding is feasible operationally and in line with broader programmatic aims and make subsequent recommendations to senior management.
- Manage proposal development processes, ensuring the participation of all programme teams and support systems departments where necessary.
- Liaise with the Programme Manager and CD to establish work plans and clear roles and responsibilities in order to produce quality proposals on time ensuring adequate technical and desk review in Head Office.
- Prepare new projects grant launch document and also revise the existing ones.
- Under the supervision of the CD, organise and lead planning workshops at the start of each new contract, ensuring that all relevant staff understand donor specific compliance issues and ensuring that roles & responsibilities and activity plans (including procurement and HR recruitment) are established
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Ensure that WCDO country programme continues to have robust monitoring systems in place to provide relevant data for donor requirements and internal learning.
- Lead the development of baseline and end-line data for WCDO programmes in Somaliland
- Support projects staff on ways to properly document, organize and capture programme progress and also enhance their capacity in the use of digital data collection
- Draft tools and their revision and data collection procedures (eg the logical framework, project performance tracking, indicators, data flow etc). This may involve periodic reviews of the global monitoring framework ensuring the appropriateness of monitoring tools.
- Monitor and quality assurance spot checks on each project site.
- Review and analyse weekly / monthly reports with the technical team to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in the project implementation and to enhance quality of reporting
- Supervise data input into the database monitoring and reporting system and processes for checking data quality
- Coordinate the updating of indicators in the monitoring and reporting system database to enable the fulfilment of reporting obligations to donors.
- Ensure that monthly, quarterly and annual monitoring and reporting system reports are submitted to the programme manager by the stipulated deadlines.
- Oversee the outputting of reports from the monitoring and reporting system in preparation for the annual Review and Re-planning process as directed by the CD / Programme Manager.
- Support the PMs in the review of monitoring documentation relating to programme activities including (but not limited to): training and dissemination reports, KAP reports
- Lead and support the programme team in producing / documenting quality case studies / most significant change (MSC) which meet donor standards
- Manage WCDO Somaliland internal and external reporting schedule, ensuring that the organisation is meeting the highest standards of donor compliance.
- Ensure that donor reports are produced to a high standard and respond to donor requirements.
- Compile stakeholder reports and for the Government of Somaliland according to the requirements set.
- Assist the Country Management Team to develop country specific papers and reports as the need arises.
- Design, plan and implement a capacity building plan for all relevant WCDO staff on key elements of the different components of monitoring, learning and funding.
- Manage the relevant staff to create an environment conducive to a proficient and effective implementation of the set activities in order to strengthen the decision making capacities of Somaliland National staff.
- Ensure that all positions have accurate job descriptions and that each member of the team fully understands outcomes which are expected of them, by setting SMART objectives, and that they are aware of the success criteria relating to their work.
- Monitor and review performance and hold staff accountable for meeting the success criteria; give constructive feedback on an ongoing basis where required and take decisive action in the case of poor performance. Conduct regular PDR processes for the managed staff.
- Ensure that work within the team is planned and organised in a way which will meet the organisation’s needs in the most cost effective manner possible; ensuring that team members are given appropriate workloads and are working efficiently.
- Attend cluster and other coordination meetings at the request of the Programme Manager / CD
- Actively participate in collective exercises such as preparation or updates of Preparing for Effective Emergency Response (PEER) plan, Security Management Plan (SMP) and other WCDO initiatives.
- Take active measures to address equality issues, particularly relating to gender, equality, community feedback as the key focal person.
- Actively participate in any emergency response as assigned from time to time by the CD
- Undertake other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the CD.
Education, Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s or equivalent degree in public administration, community development, statistics, social or development related studies;
- Strong commitment to confronting poverty and under development; Understanding and supporting the role of communities and non-governmental sector in poverty alleviation and its associated challenges
- At least three years relevant experience in the development (WASH, livelihoods) / humanitarian sector with at least one of those years being field based.
- Proven experience in proposal and report writing.
- Proven experience in managing M&E systems.
- Experience of managing donor funded projects
Special Skills, Aptitude or Personality Requirements:
- Fully fluent in English and working knowledge of Somali would be an added advantage
- Flexibility, adaptability, good sense of humour and patience.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Ability to cope with stress, work under pressure often to strict deadlines.
- Self-motivated, progressive and proactive.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Methodical and thorough with a keen sense of detail.
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity to cultural differences.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Education, Qualifications & Experience Required:
- First or second degree in Statistics, Development/ Humanitarian field.
- Experienced with project cycle management system (PCMS).
- Familiar with programming in emergency, nutrition and health, WASH, food security and/or livelihoods sectors.
- Experience with digital / electronic data collection and database management.
- Experience with hardcopy and electronic filing and archive management
- Based in Somaliland
- Requires periodic travel to areas of significant insecurity
- Field travel can involve driving on bad roads, traveling in small planes and frequent encounters with armed militia. Some additional travel to other regions may be required.
- Living conditions in the field may at times be harsh. Limited access in the field to medical care.
- May require working extended hours and on weekends/holidays to meet deadlines.
- Multi-cultural, Multi-ethnic organizational work environment.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications and CV to email@example.com not later than 27th July 2017.