Wisen HR Job Vacancy : Courier Senior Accountant (65K) in Kenya December 2017
Wisen HR Job Opportunity Vacancy : Courier Senior Accountant (65K)
Wisen HR Job Vacancy : Courier Senior Accountant (65K)
- Company: Wisen HR
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Kenya
Established international courier and logistics companies is looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to handle, prepare, compute, manage, research and analyze all financial information of their business.
Role: This position holder will analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within the organization.
Responsibilities for the Senior Accountant Job
Accountancy and Financial Management
- Daily enter key data of financial transactions in database and maintain financial data bases.
- Investigate problems that vendors or purchasing agents have with obtaining payment for bills.
- Prepare vouchers, invoices, cheques, account statements, reports and reviews for accuracy.
- Extract general ledger information.
- Reconcile bank statements.
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner.
- Preparation and verification of supplies – Billings’ accuracy and negotiating costing.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Monitor and support taxation issues.
- Review, balance, and interpret computer reports, and makes corrections.
Budget and Management Reporting
- Compile cost reports, revenue and balance sheets.
- Continuous management and support of budget and forecast activities.
- Prepare financial management reports.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual accounts.
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses.
- Analyze and advise on business operations including revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments and future revenues.
- Analyze financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures, provide strategic recommendations and maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Financial audit preparation and coordinate the audit process.
- Ensure that all controls in place are being adhered to.
- Act as a focal point for external audit engagement.
- Assessing how well the business is complying with rules and regulations and informing management whether any issues need addressing.
- Preparation and review of monthly payroll for correctness and completeness.
- Maintain all payroll records.
- Prepare and process all statutory deductions in a timely manner.
- Prepare yearly payroll summaries and reconcile with statutory tax deductions (PAYE, NSSF, NHIF)
Senior Accountant Job Qualifications
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or economics.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in the management of financial systems and budgets, financial reporting, financial data analysis, auditing, taxation and providing financial advice.
- Professional qualifications such as CPA/CFA/ACCA or similar will be an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Analytical – Collects and researches data.
- Design – Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Change Management – Develops workable implementation plans.
- Quality Management – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Cost Consciousness – Contributes to profits and revenue Conserves organizational resources.
- Judgment – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Quantity – Completes work in timely manner.
How to Apply