Web / Graphic Designer (Internship) Job Oct Advertisement
SasaHivi Media Ltd (‘Sasa Hivi’ means in Kiswahili ‘right now’) was founded in 2003 in Nairobi, Kenya by a group of long time experienced Multimedia, PR and IT professionals.
So, as SasaHivi Media Ltd as a company is relatively young, the experience brought together in it, is very sophisticated.
SasaHivi Media Ltd is all about bringing the best of Technology (Media and Internet) together with the best of Culture (Design, Content creation and Publishing).
Web / Graphic Designer Internship
- Create design prototypes, including graphic design and layout of content, for digital and print media.
- Ensure that the layout of the content is accessible and logical; recommend improvements if necessary.
- Create visual concepts that match the content and the image wanted by the clients and ensure that interactive media (like websites) are easy to navigate.
- Build websites using technologies that conform to international standards and make sure that they are universally accessible. The ability to work with current Content Management Systems is a must.
- Perform maintenance and updates to existing websites when requested by clients.
- Provide training on maintenance and update procedures to clients who choose to take charge of their own websites.
- Education and degree(s) in disciplines related to the primary responsibilities.
- Experience of working in a communications / public relations environment is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of digital imaging and illustration with Photoshop, Fireworks, Indesign and Illustrator.
- Knowledge of the common print media formats
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems like Joomla and WordPress.
- Knowledge of design for mobile devices.
- Experience with cross-browser and cross-platform issues (IE, Firefox, Chrome, etc.)
- Experience with File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
- Ability to express in good spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
- Attention to detail, customer-service orientation and creativity in problem-solving.
- Ability to work in a team and to communicate in a clear way.
- Superior knowledge of current web-design trends and techniques and a strong online portfolio.
If you feel you are the right person for this job please e-mail us your CV & work references to: email@example.com
Closing date: 19th October 2013