Water Sanitation and Hygiene Program Team Leader Career in Nairobi Kenya 2017
Water Sanitation and Hygiene Program Team Leader Career Vacancy in Nairobi Kenya
Water Sanitation and Hygiene Program Team Leader Job Recruitment in Nairobi Kenya
Tetra Tech ARD Inc.
Water Sanitation and Hygiene Program (WASH-FIN), Kenya
Job Title: Team Leader, Kenya
Tetra Tech ARD Inc is implementing the USAID funded Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH-FIN) project in Kenya aiming to close WASH Sector financing gaps by
(i) Tracking WASH investment financing flows for the sector and
(ii) mobilizing private capital and finance for WASH infrastructure investments.
The program will also provide capacity building for Water Service Providers (WSPs), WASREB, WSTF and the Kenya Pooled Water Fund (KPWF).
Towards this end, the project has a vacancy for a Team Leader for Kenya to be based in Nairobi on a fixed term contract.
The Team Leader will be the main link with all partners, USAID / Kenya, and the WASH-Fin team.
The Team Leader will be responsible for the performance of a wide range of program management activities and direct oversight for project administration and financial management, supervising directly full-time administrative support staff, short-term consultants, and subcontractors providing intermittent technical assistance for project execution.
The Job Description:
- Provide strategic leadership to the implementation of the WASH-FIN project in Kenya;
- Build strong implementation partnerships with USAID / Kenya mission, Ministry of Water and Irrigation, WASREB, County governments, Municipalities, Water Service Providers and other key partners;
- Prepare detailed weekly and quarterly activities reports, and other intermittent reporting as required;
- Develop budgets and other resources planning for the implementation of project activities;
- Coordinate all project activities and ensure complementarity with other relevant programs including but not limited to KIWASH and KPWF;
- Supervise directly full-time administrative support staff, local and international consultants hired and contracted for the project;
- Liaise with Open Capital Advisors on implementation of Component 2 of WASHFIN;
- Carry out other specific duties and tasks as may be assigned within identified competencies.
- Technically competent, independent and collaborative and excellent in communication and written technical reports.
- Familiarity with relevant technical specifications, design parameters and engineering industry practices.
- Excellent Technical Assistance management and working relationship skills with WSPs and government agencies.
- Training and capacity building skills to develop WSP staff,
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment
- Excellent advocacy and communications skills.
Professional Qualifications and experience:
- Qualifications and skills: Masters degree in Engineering, Finance, Economics or any other relevant degree;
- Excellent advocacy and communications skills is required.
- General professional experience: A minimum of 10 years of professional experience, with a demonstrable knowledge of the policy issues and challenges of the Water supply and sanitation sector in Kenya.
Specific professional experience:
- At least 5 years’ experience in working in the water and sanitation sector is required.
- Experience in investment planning for private or public organisations
- Experience in management of multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience in working in a donor-funded environment;
Application together with detailed curriculum vitae, names of three referees, clearly indicating current and expected pay should be sent by email reliable Courier Service to
the Africa Coordinator
Chaka Place 3rd Floor,
Argwings Kodhek Road, Kilimani
or by email to email@example.com
not later than 09 October2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.