USIU is seeking to recruit a qualified candidate for the position of Head of Security
Tasks and outputs:
- Enforce all Security measures and rules as per University policies in order to promote a conducive Learning environment.
- Formulation of Security policies, controls and standard operating procedures and their implementation and enforcement to ensure homogeneity of application and understanding.
- Provide timely and updated reports on all cases and incidents and the requisite recommendations to the management for information and decision making.
- Proactively Monitor the Security situation within and without the University and keep the University informed so as to enhance security for all.
- Liaising with the law enforcement agencies and other neighboring Institutions in matters of security in order to keep abreast of the security status and emerging issues.
- Monitor and control the Security department budget to ensure cost effective utilization of resources.
- Participate in selection and vetting of security firms so as to ensure the most compatible firm is selected and also ensure that there is effective coverage by co-coordinating their services on campus.
- Assist in University in investigating student disciplinary incidents.
- Carry out periodic security survey with a view of improving security controls and coverage.
- Maintain in safe custody all keys of the University, monitor their use and movements for security purposes.
- Monitor the functionality of alarm systems, CCTV’S, electric fence and security lights.
- Monitoring movement of University equipment.
- Perform any other assigned duties.
- Closed-Circuit TV Systems
- Alarm Systems
- Skills Required:
- Report writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be computer literate
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Social Science
- Valid driving license
- Training from reputable Security firm and/or disciplined forces
- Attained the level of Chief Inspector, Assistant Superintendent, and Superintendent and above.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Must be a team player, dependable and approachable
- Confidentiality and high level of integrity are essential
- Good presence and leadership ability
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to pay attention to detail
Head of Human Resources,
United States International University
P.O Box 14634-00800,