UN WFP Somalia National Administration Officer Career Vacancy in Nairobi in Kenya July 2017
UN WFP Somalia National Administration Officer Job Recruitment in Nairobi Kenya
UN WFP Somalia National Administration Officer Job Employment in Nairobi Kenya
UN World Food Programme – Somalia
Vacancy Announcement No. VA-026/2017
Post Title: National Administration Officer
Contract type: Fixed Term
Post Grade: NOC
Duty Station: Nairobi
Duration: 1 year (initial)
Date of issue: 4th July 2017
Closing Date: 17th July 2017
Organizational Background: The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for relief, emergency school feeding, humanitarian air and logistics services, food coordination and emergency rehabilitation projects and Cash Based Transfers.
This position is open to qualified Kenyan candidates only. Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of Head of Procurement & Administration, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and implement WFP Country Office administrative plans, processes and procedures aligned with regional and wider WFP strategies and policies;
- Develop annual administrative plans, contribute to longer term strategies and improvements to administrative policies, systems and procedures in compliance with corporate policies, standards, regulations and processes;
- Manage and/or carry out complex data analysis pertaining to administrative business processes to provide management and clients with accurate information and reports for efficient planning and decision-making;
- Manage the existing resources such as assets/inventory items, office/guesthouse facilities, motor vehicle fleet, etc., estimate new requirements aiming at efficiency, cost-effectiveness and timeliness of operations and services;
- Facilitate the compliance of the administrative services provided, such as WFP managed facilities, assets and travel management, and provide recommendations on any improvements/changes as appropriate;
- Promote a culture of environmental sustainability throughout WFP by role modelling actions that drive sustainability in all administrative activities;
- Manage and motivate several multicultural teams, provide coaching, training and guidance as required, including training in use of corporate databases and automated systems;
- Build productive partnerships with WFP stakeholders, other UN agencies and local government offices; ensure Agreements, MoUs are current, associated expenditure recognized/accrued and payments are processed promptly and in accordance with IPSAS requirements;
- Strengthen the capacity of WFP staff and partners through the delivery of trainings, workshops, daily interaction, etc. for efficient and effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries;
- Contribute to preparedness actions such as risk analysis, business continuity planning and contingency planning, monitoring the management of risks and reporting on actions taken;
- Prepare Administration related budgets and budget revisions, including Annual Procurement Plan in consultation with stakeholders at the Country Office & Area Offices;
- Review Administrative Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for consistency with the changing environment and adjust/recommend revisions as necessary;
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Education: Advanced University degree in Business / Public Administration, Engineering, or other relevant field relating to office management and administration, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training / courses.
- At least five years of professional experience in administration and facilities management with a private or public sector organization.
- Experience in managing several large multicultural teams, leading projects and developing function policies is essential.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English is a requirement.
- In-depth understanding of operating standards related to administration, analyzing complex data and drafting reports.
- Excellent knowledge in using MS Office applications and database management software. Knowledge of UN system policies and rules procedures governing the area of work.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E-Recruitment using the following link:
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.