Telkom Advertising Specialist Career Vacancy in Nairobi in Kenya July 2017
Telkom Advertising Specialist Career Vacancy in Nairobi Kenya
Telkom Advertising Specialist Job Recruitment in Nairobi Kenya
Position: Advertising Specialist
Reporting to: Head of Commercial Communications
Role Purpose: Responsible for being the key contact of the advertising agency, the formulation and implementation of Above and Below the Line Advertising: Creative Development and Execution and Production, ensuring adherence to the brand guidelines as well as well segmented communication of the core messaging.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead in the briefing of advertising concepts for both above and below the line advertising
- Inspect layouts and advertising copy and edit scripts, audio and video tapes, and other promotional material for adherence to specifications.
- Confer with section heads, the offers team and sales department counterparts to align with them on the annual, quarterly and monthly advertising needs so as to prepare the advertising agency for the same
- Build high-level relationships with internal customers and the Agency in order to increase Telkom market share
- Manage the status of advertising Work in Progress to ensure that all jobs meet their briefs and are delivered within specified timelines
- Formulate plans to extend business with established accounts and to transact business as agent for advertising accounts.
- Plans and deploys various stand alone and combined Communication Solutions encompassing all revenue channels and segments.
- Assemble and communicate with a strong, diverse coalition of organizations and/or public figures, securing their cooperation, support and action, to further campaign goals.
- Prepare budgets and submit estimates for program costs as part of campaign plan development.
- Plan and prepare advertising and promotional material to increase sales of products or services, working with customers, company officials, sales departments and advertising agencies.
Academic / Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business related field from a recognized institution
- 5 to 7 years hands on experience in Marketing Management and Excellent knowledge of VAS/IN deployment & product management with specific focus on mobile VAS& charging systems
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Business acumen, strategic planning, project management, creativity, analytics, oral/written communication, matrix management, team building and teamwork.
- Organizational adaptation and flexibility
This position is open to Kenyan citizens only.
If you fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position.
Application should be sent by latest 1st August 2017, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Apply through firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.