St. Francis Community Hospital General Surgeon Career Vacancy in Kenya July 2017
St. Francis Community Hospital General Surgeon Job Recruitment in Kenya
St. Francis Community Hospital General Surgeon Job Employment in Kenya
Re-advertisement for a General Surgeon Position
Qualification: Post graduate Degree in General Surgery from a recognized institution.
- Registered with Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board
- Experience of two years and above practicing as general surgeon
- Expected to be conducting surgical ward rounds, consultation with all the hospital consultants and ensuring that the surgical patients are well managed with good patient history management profile.
- Ensuring that before operation the theater is well prepared, equipped with surgical instruments required for the surgery.
- Should provide all the information and risks associated with the surgery to the patient.
- Should be able to manage, plan and schedule the surgery procedures for the week and document. Copies of the surgery list should be shared with administration.
- Should have required good skills to use the surgical instruments and examine instruments, equipment, and operating room to ensure sterility.
- Ensure monthly inventory of both theatres is conducted and documented. Any procurement of supplies and equipment required ordered in good time.
- Liaising with other consultants especially in surgical cases.
- Provide consultation and surgical assistance to the hospital medical officers and clinical officers’ staffs to ensure smooth management of patients.
- Should also have good tolerance levels, since; he/she may be expecting to undergo longer hours than scheduled.
- Refer patient to medical specialist or other practitioners when necessary.
- Should demonstrate leadership skills, good decision-making power and ready to work in emergency situations under tremendous pressure.
- Prescribe pre-operative and post-operative treatments and procedures, such as sedatives, diets, antibiotics, and preparation and treatment of the patient’s daily management.
- Should accelerate the performance of the surgical department services. Set target of over 15-20 operation cases per week. Provide monthly surgical procedure report and shared with Administration.
All interested candidates are requested to read the attached job description and send their application to email@example.com by Friday, 21st July 2017.