The Software Developer is a member of a team of software professionals responsible for the requirements, design, construction, integration, testing, verification and maintenance of software products.
The individual must be forward-thinking and share in a common vision of quality, integrity and efficiency.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible to establish all possible options for designing and deriving the best solutions based on sound analytical judgment, team input and the customers’ best interest.
- Research new technologies that push the boundaries and capabilities of design and provide insight on applying these to product offerings.
- Accountable for optimization-focused design to ensure that all code is written with high-availability and high-impact; Accountable for efficiency-focused design that serves to ensure that all code is highly reusable and modular.
- Design push and pull data interfaces using the latest web and data sharing technologies integrated to a multitude of third party providers.
- Author technical design documentation that fully defines all application code and the underlying methodology for the design decisions made.
- Develop software according to functional and technical design specifications and maintain a “common sense” approach that serves to recognize potential design gaps and provide insight into closing them.
- Create efficient, scalable, reusable middle tier logic using Java and Visual Basic languages as needed.
- Create and design databases, views, stored procedures, SQL statements and user-defined functions of varying complexity with a “best practices” approach to keys, indices and relationships in SQL Server 2005/2008. Experience using typed-datasets is critical.
- Assist in continual improvement of software configuration management process.
Maintenance and other roles
- Assess, troubleshoot, document, upgrade and develop maintenance procedures; Review code for potential performance issues, reusability, and/or anomalies.
- Detail unit testing of code.
- Troubleshoot client problems both remotely and onsite.
- Research and identify cause of reported defects and issues.
- Develop patches and defect fixes.
- Perform and assist with quality assurance activities as needed.
- Participate in training and / or customer support activities as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization’s strengths and weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
- Bachelors Degree in a related field preferred.
- 3-5 years industry experience required.
- SQL, Java, Visual Basic, are mandatory.
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, clearly detailing their current remuneration and expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org before end of day 17 October 2013.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted