The Chief Accountant is also expected to play an integral part in developing long-term goals including writing of proposals for investment that will help in growing business besides implementing financial strategies created by management.
- Daily cash flow and treasury management and provide analysis that support management in making short and long term financial decisions.
- Coordinate budget preparation, monitor and ensure control of the same
- Manage all aspects of company financial records, assets and liability management, using available software e.g. for purchasing, customer invoicing, credit control & VAT
- Should be conversant with T24 Banking System
- Manage all aspects of the company accounting structures and processes, including support to business unit heads, other budget and P&L holders; and including preparation of monthly management accounts
- In charge of payment and responsible for collection and banking of revenue
- Responsible for annual statutory audit and writing of proposals for investment
- Supervise a team of accountants
- Manage the company ad-hoc expense payments, including petty cash
- Responsible for Business bank account management, including bank reconciliation
- Deputize for the Head of Finance at certain times for which delegated authority will be given
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned by the management from time to time
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting option) or Business Finance/Administration/Economics or related field. Training in microfinance or banking field will be an added advantage
- Must be a CPA (K) or ACCA finalist in related accounting, finance or audit field.
- Computer literate in the relevant accounting packages
- Be aged between 30-40 years
- Have 5 years’ experience 3 of which in a similar position preferably in a financial/microfinance environment
- Applicants must be committed Christians
How to Apply