SMEP Business Development Officer (Church Business) Job 2013 opportunity in Kenya
SMEP Deposit Taking Microfinance Limited, a Christian based MFI regulated by the Central Bank of Kenya, invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the positions of:
Business Development Officer (Church Business)
Reporting to the Liaison Officer Churches & Institutions, the successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Marketing of products in the designated area of operation.
- Facilitate recruitment and registration of clients in existing and new groups.
- Stimulate client training on SMEP policies, procedures and basic business skills, loans, business, e.t.c.
- Loan disbursements and deposit mobilization that meet defined growth and quality targets
- Submission of weekly and monthly performance reports
- Responsible for cumulating and maintaining client information
- Maintain good public relation between SMEP and outsiders e.g. Public administration, churches, business community etc
Qualifications and Experience:
- Have a bachelors degree in a related field or a diploma in Co-operative Management, Business Administration, Banking or its equivalent,
- Have knowledge in group/individual lending
- Marketing and/or accounting skills and computer literacy will be an added advantage
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Persuasive with strong recognition skills,
- Self-driven and possess the ability to work with minimum supervision,
- Have good knowledge of the micro-finance industry and practices
- A self-starter who possesses excellent presentation skills
- Must be a committed Christian
- Aged below 30 years
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates who meet the above criteria should download the “Job Application Form” at www.smep.co.ke/opportunities, and send their filled applications to email@example.com on or before Tuesday, 23rd October, 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.