Save the Children Finance Assistant NGO Career Vacancy in Bungoma Kenya
Save the Children Finance Assistant NGO Job Opportunity in Bungoma Kenya
Save the Children Finance Assistant NGO Job Employment in Bungoma, Kenya
Role Purpose: SCI Kenya is currently implementing a signature for maternal and newborn health (MNH) that is expected to significantly contribute to achievement of Kenya’s MDG 4 and 5 targets.
Dimensions: Save the Children has been operational in Kenya since the 1950s, providing support to children through developmental and humanitarian relief programmes delivered both directly and through local partners.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Prepare all cash payments/receipts by recording details on SC vouchers, ensuring prior approval by the budget holder.
- Maintain cash balances according to the field office finance guidelines and advise the Finance Officer of any cash requirements.
- Maintain the field office financial spread sheets and ensure all coding is in line with in country coding structure and programme budgets.
- Carry out weekly and monthly cash counts with senior managers
- Responsible for preparation and dispatch of all cash salaries for office
- Issues floats to staff as required ensuring that the proper authorization by the relevant line manager is approved and that floats are reconciled according to the finance guidelines.
- Ensure proper documentation and filing of all finance documents ensuring good audit trail
- Must be aware of and follow the programme budget and the donors allocation before committing any expenditure.
- Perform single account reconciliation using the AGRESSO system.
- Follow up on monthly staff timesheets and reconcile staff effort reporting.
- Perform single account reconciliation using the AGRESSO system
- Support Processing of Mpesa payments, developing and maintaining robust and adequate financial internal control systems and cash management in line with donor requirements, Save the children Finance manual and good accounting practices.
- Perform any other relevant duties assigned by the Finance Coordinator or Area Programme Manager.
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child protection, code of conduct, fraud, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
- Delivering Results: Delivers timely and appropriate results using available resources, Takes responsibility for their work and its impact on others, Plans, prioritises and performs tasks well without needing direct supervision, Understands the link between their work and the organisation’s objectives
- Developing Self and Others: Shows awareness of their strengths and limitations and actively takes responsibility for their development, Seeks out feedback to understand their areas for improvement, Actively shares knowledge and experiences with others Invests time and energy to actively develop self and others.
- Leading and Inspiring Others; Demonstrates clear commitment to the organisation’s vision and values in all aspects of work ,Presents a positive ‘can do’ attitude ,Challenges them self to work to the best of their ability and supports colleagues to do the same ,Demonstrates personal integrity by using their position responsibly and fairly
- Problem Solving and Decision Making: Gathers the right information and uses critical thinking to make effective and timely decisions, Stays with a problem or challenge until a solution is reached or no longer reasonably attainable, Knows when to involve others in a decision ,Demonstrates awareness of the wider external influences that impact on decision making ,Simplifies processes and procedures wherever possible
- Applying Technical Expertise: Delivers work that reflects a good knowledge and application of technical and professional standards Keeps up to date with trends in their work area, maintains ethical and professional behaviour in accordance with relevant codes of conducts.
- Innovating and Adapting: Suggests creative improvements and better ways of working, Seeks out and applies successful ideas from others to overcome challenges, Shifts tasks, roles and priorities to perform effectively under changing or unclear conditions, Applies lessons learned to enhance future ways of working.
- Working Effectively with others: Actively listens to new and different perspectives and experiences of those they work with,Proactively supports team members and trusts their capabilities, Demonstrates understanding of their skills and how they complement those of others within diverse teams and groups, Clarifies their role and responsibilities within the team to maximise impact.
- Communicating with Impact; Actively listens and seeks to understand before being understood, Ensures communications are concise and well-structured, Shares appropriate relevant and timely information with others, Prepares effectively for meetings:
- Networking: Actively participates in networks to access and contributes to good practice, Gathers and distributes organisational intelligence, Maintains and develops a range of contacts and keeps them informed ,Knows what is needed from contacts
To apply for these positions send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com indicating the Position Title on the subject line, deadline is on 28th July 2017 COB.