Save the Children Compendium Preparation Outlining AU Institutions and CSO Processes Short Term Consultancy 2013 vacancy
implementation of the African Charter on the Rights and Welfare of the Child (ACRWC) in collaboration with the African Committee of Experts on the Rights and Welfare of the Child (ACERWC) and the AUC Department of Social Affairs.
Objective of the consultancy
The objective of this consultancy is to strengthen CSOs to better use the African Union Mechanisms and more specifically the African Committee of Experts on the Rights and Welfare of the Child to promote and protect children’s rights and welfare in Africa.
Methodology and Management of the Consultancy
The consultancy will mainly involve review of secondary data and documents produced by the respective institutions.
The management and control of the consultancy and the copyright over its output is vested upon the DSA.
Required professional qualifications and experience
- Post graduate degree in social sciences, human rights law or other related fields
- At least 10 years experience in imparting knowledge, working with regional or international human rights treaty bodies; experience in preparing and conducting induction for regional or international treaty bodies will be an added advantage.
- Research and or experience on working on or with human rights treaty bodies, especially those relating to children
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the African Union, and International as well as the African Human Rights System and the international Human Rights System is essential
- Excellent communication skill is a must and knowledge of working French is an asset
- Track record of delivering high quality documents within agreed timeframe
Interested individuals must submit a technical and financial proposal of a maximum of five (5) pages, which will be assessed, based on the following criteria
- A cover letter introducing the consultant and how the skills and competencies above are met. Concrete examples should be provided as appropriate.
- An outline including proposed methodology, time schedule and work plan for the mapping.
- A CV detailing relevant skills and experience, including 3 referees and their contact details.
- Proven record of experience in research around AU institutions and CSOs engaging with them.
- One or two examples of documents prepared by the consultant.
- Reasonable budget breakdown with clear cost considerations.
Applications should be submitted to EA.firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on 30th September 2013