Staff directly reporting to this post: None
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Assist in setting up award files for new funding and ensuring that they are regularly updated with all the relevant documents and correspondences.,
- Support the awards coordinator in updating AMS records for existing grants with the relevant documentation
- Support the Awards coordinator in facilitating reviews of, Funds Summaries, agreements and amendments before forwarding them for approval by the CD.
- Regular review of Country Office Pipelines against AMS data ensuring all opportunities are captured in AMS and that any rejections/cancellations are updated.
- Support the awards coordinator and the compliance officer in ensuring that award are properly closed out in AMS.
- Assist the awards coordinator and the compliance officer in organising donor compliance trainings for field offices.
- Support the CO awards team in preparation for Kick off meetings and support in on-going partner monitoring visits.
- Any other relevant duties as may have been assigned by supervisor.
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Creates a managerial environment to lead, enable and maintain our culture of child safeguarding
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Cuts away bureaucracy and encourages an entrepreneurial approach
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, builds trust and confidence
- Displays consistent excellent judgement
- Finance / Program Management trained professional who wishes to gain some practical experience
- Degree in project management/ finance, accountancy or similar field
- Excellent computer skills especially in MS Excel spread sheets and MS Word
- Some experience with computerised accounting packages will be desirable.
- High level of integrity and ability to work as part of a professional team
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to handle challenging work load
- Cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity;
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills;
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
How to Apply
Your email should bear the title APPLICATION FOR AN INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY on the subject line.
Save the Children is committed to the rights and well-being of children and their protection. Accordingly, all successful interns will be subjected to our child protection standards including appropriate background checks, Code of Conduct, and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy.
We regret that only short listed applicants will be contacted.