RTI International K-YES Project Program Officer / Career Development Officer NGO Career Vacancy in Kenya Aug 2017
RTI International K-YES Project Program Officer / Career Development Officer NGO Job Opportunity in Kenya
RTI International K-YES Project Program Officer / Career Development Officer NGO Career Vacancy in Kenya
Career Opportunity: Program Officer / Career Development Officer
RTI International is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multi-disciplinary research that improves the human condition.
With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services. Universities in North Carolina founded RTI in 1958 as a centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park.
RTI International is implementing a USAID funded five year activity that aims to enhance the employability of Kenya Youth for increased wage and self-employment for underemployed youth who have not completed secondary school.
The Kenya Youth Employment and skills Program K-YES seek to engage Program Officer /Career Development officer based in Nairobi.
Position Overview: Program Officer / Career Development officer: will support the development and delivery of a comprehensive youth internship, mentorship, apprenticeship and career counseling program for KYES under the leadership of the KYES Senior Technical Advisor.
He/she also will support in the development of relationships with potential employers, screening and orienting youth and employers to ensure successful matches, oversight of activities and communication related to all career development activities.
Additionally he/she will support in the design and implementation of interventions that assist youth to access opportunities and platforms for internships, apprenticeships, job search activities including labour market and career information.
Finally, he/she will lead in the implementation of strategies and activities that promote youth engagement, particularly focusing on girls and young women, and marginalized populations in order to access relevant employability trainings, markets, finances, jobs and other employment services.
Specific roles and responsibilities will include:
- Provide career counseling and career assessment administration and interpretation, including building the capacity of implementing partners to deliver the career development support services;
- Coordinate the internship and apprenticeship program including the initial assessment, placement and monitoring and oversight of youth internships, apprenticeship, career, and labour market information needs.
- Coordinate and present specialized outreach programs designed to heighten awareness of careers in collaboration with targeted TVET institutions and service providers under KYES.
- Assist in designing and implementation of KYES customized labour market information platforms and channels.
- Support in Management and development of relationships with private sector for provision of internship, apprenticeship and career counseling and youth mentorship providers and agencies.
- Help to Coordinate and participate in various events, activities and fairs on topics related to internships, apprenticeships, job placement as well as career counseling for youth
- Work with County teams to ensure targets for Life Skills Training, career counselling and mentorship are met every quarter
- Work with CBFs and County teams to monitor implementation and reporting of Labor Market Information activities and outcomes
- Work with employers, VTCs, Life Skills TOTs and Mentors to identify and profile success stories emerging as a result of objective 3 interventions
- Support in roll out of Behavior Change Campaign Implementation plan
- Support in verification of documents relating to payment of interns stipend and employers’ s fees
- Support in KYES youth mobilization and outreach activities
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Applicants must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences with 5 years solid work experience in roles involving working with youth and dealing with multiple stakeholder’s especially private sector and county and national government.
Preferable experience in Youth workforce Development Programmes and implementing of USAID funded projects.
How to Apply
Please email cover letter and CV to email@example.com by 9th August, 2017
Applicants must include the POSITION TITLE in the subject line of their email.
Please do not attach copies of certificates.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V