Renewable Energy Job Vacancy : Technical Manager (150-200K) in Kenya October 2017
Renewable Energy Job Opportunity Vacancy : Technical Manager (150-200K)
Renewable Energy Job Vacancy : Technical Manager (150-200K)
- Company: Corporate Staffing Services
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
Our client is an award winning company conducting sustainable energy and retail business in developing countries. They seek to hire a Technical Manager who will be involved in overseeing planning, executing and documenting installation projects. He/She will also supervise Structural, Electrical and Solar Engineers as well as Technical Assistants.
Technical Manager Job Responsibilities
- Act as a team leader to the technical team. Supervising technical team and giving progress reports to senior managers and customers.
- In charge of office organization, purchases and maintenance of technical related issues.
- Visit potential installation sites to conduct inspections, verifications, and progress evaluations
- Ensure the installations and civil works (hard and soft landscaping) are implemented on a timely basis and within the Company’s quality standards
- Develop and maintain a tracking system of technical and structural failures within sites ensuring real-time resolution of the same.
- Design and implement new /additional business ideas within the site area e.g. restaurant, barber, entertainment hubs etc.
- Conduct site audits to collect structural, electrical, landscaping and related site information for use in the design of solar hubs.
- Oversee preventive maintenance in all hubs completed in line with company’s quality standards in timely manner
- Develop standard operation procedures and quality or safety standards for solar installation and civil works.
- Provide technical direction or support to installation teams during structural and electrical set up, testing, system commissioning, or performance monitoring
- Create checklists for review or inspection of completed solar installation projects and commercial projects.
- Demonstrate commercial sensitivity with ability to deliver results within agreed timelines and budgets.
- Research and get quality and cost efficient locally sourced materials for the solar hubs including panels, hardware and software, solar and electrical equipment and general construction material.
- Ensure technical team and processes are compliant with solar engineering standards and relevant standards.
- Produce material and equipment material with sufficient information to meet the required technical, quality and safety standards.
- Continuously maintain environmental, health and safety and legal requirements in all installation hubs.
- Inspecting unsafe hubs and recommending options for repairs and maintenance.
- Prepare technical specifications, reports, cost estimates and other relevant documents. Prepare and update procedures, methods and drawings for various hubs.
- Researching and evaluating trends in the solar industry to continuously improve and modify processes to increase on efficiency
Qualifications for the Technical Manager Job
- Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- MUST be a T3 solar certified technician.
- Certification in solar water heating system will be an added advantage.
- Over 5 years of experience in project management within the electrical engineering sector
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, in English and Swahili
- Commercial sensitivity with ability to deliver results within agreed timelines and budgets.
- Driving license desired
- Mastery of MS Office Suite, Internet and email.
- Conversant with CAD and other design soft wares
How to Apply