Regional Water Services Board CEO Career Recruitment in Kenya October 2017
Regional Water Services Board CEO Current Employment in Kenya
Regional Water Services Board CEO Job Opportunity in Kenya
Through the creation of the Ministry of Water and Irrigation (MWI), the government consolidated the responsibility to develop water resources, policy, and overall sector monitoring functions in MWI, while devolving water service provisions to local water operators.
He/she will be reporting to the Board of Directors and be responsible for overseeing all the strategic, operational and financial performance of the organization through effective management of the executive leadership team.
- Provide strategic direction and leadership in line with the Board’s strategic plan;
- Oversee implementation of corporate business plan and strategies based on the Board’s business philosophy, mission, vision and core values;
- Undertake prudent financial management and investment mandates by ensuring sound policies and practices are adopted for optimal utilization and returns;
- Oversee optimal and effective operations of the Board’s water infrastructure;
- Develop and engage effective leadership teams in the Board to ensure excellent performance and effective succession planning;
- Develop and strengthen networks and partnerships with the government, development partners and private sector to spearhead fundraising for projects and for sustainability; and
- Foster a conducive corporate culture that promotes strong ethical practices, good governance, employee productivity and compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements as stipulated in Mwongozo.
- A citizen of Kenya with a Bachelors’ degree in Engineering, Management, Economics, Business Administration, Commerce or any other discipline relevant to water management from a University recognised in Kenya;
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field of study will be an added advantage;
- Registration with a relevant recognised professional registration body or association (if any) and be in good standing for the last 7 years;
- Have at least fifteen (15) years’ experience in a development oriented establishment preferably in the infrastructure or water sectors, at least five (5) of which must be in a senior management position;
- Sound knowledge and application of, among others, Public Finance Management and Public Procurement Procedures in line with Public Finance Management Act, 2012 and Public Procurement and Asset Disposals Act, 2015 and their regulations respectively;
- Knowledge and familiarity with water management issues, reforms, management of large water projects and mobilization of funds.
- Strong visionary leadership and negotiation skills with capacity to engage with local, regional and international organizations;
- Conversant with GoK, donor funded projects and familiarity with water and agriculture sector management;
- Strategic thinker with good commercial acumen and the ability to identify economic opportunities in changing environment and to capitalize on them;
- Demonstrate competence in steering implementation of large scale irrigation projects;
- Familiarity with reforms in the public sector and commercial settings;
- Track history of creativity, innovation, self-drive, result orientation and ability to handle a sensitive public;
- Be conversant with various investment models including public private partnerships and build operate transfer among others;
- A demonstrated adaptability to drive change and transformation, with proven capability of quickly assessing complex situations, generating astute, practical and pragmatic solutions, generating plans of action and addressing problems;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, strong interpersonal, analytical, organizational and team capacities and high professional ethical standing; and
- Should be experienced in steering and managing an organization and related staff welfare matters.
The appointment will be for a contractual period of three (3) years renewable once for a similar period of time subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes set and evaluated by the Board.
Applicants will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of Kenya Constitution 2010 by attaching copies of the following:
- Certificate of good conduct from the Director of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax compliance certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau.
Applications should be addressed and sent to
The Chief Executive Officer,
Riverside Drive, Victoria Office Suites,
Opp. Sameer Investment Ltd,
P.O Box 20382-00100
Cell: +254 (0) 717 535 336
EMAILED TO email@example.com
or HAND DELIVERED
and registered at the Alpex Consulting Africa Ltd (ACAL) office at the above address.
Late applications will not be accepted.