Regional Grant Coordinator Job at Danish Red Cross
Closing date: 03 Jul 2017
The Danish Red Cross (DRC) is looking for a Regional Grant Coordinator to form part of the Danish RC regional team based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia supporting the Danish RC engagement in East and Southern Africa.
The Regional Grant Coordinator will be assisting the Head of Region and Country teams in coordination and information management as well as in providing technical support in relation to the process of proposal writing and project development, project and contract management including reporting with a particular focus on compliance with the requirements of the donors. Key donors are Danida, Europeaid, Echo, private foundations, other Red Cross Red Crescent (RCRC) partners and Government funding.
Currently, the Danish RC works in Kenya, Eritrea, Rwanda, Sudan, South Sudan, Malawi and Zimbabwe. The Danish RC supports RCRC National Societies (NS) within their interventions in the fields of for instance Emergency Relief, Resilience, Health, Psychosocial Support (PS), Water Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH), and Organisational Development (OD).
We emphasize strengthening of our RCRC NS, through organisational development as well as operational capacity building, and we consider integrity, transparency, autonomy and sustainable volunteer structures as conditions for building long-term effectiveness and efficiency.
Regional Grant Coordinator Job Responsibilities
- Advise the Head of Region (HoR) and support the Country Coordinators (CCs) across the region on all issues related to the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA, EU, Europeaid/ECHO) proposal development and contract management, donor guidelines compliance and project monitoring, evaluation and learning (PMEL);
- Function as the Danish RC Regional focal point for project cycle management (PCM) and help to make the linkage between strategy and programmes more explicit;
- Plan and provide quality assurance (QA) to the yearly regional Danish RC Country and Projects Report process;
- Lead on efforts to enhance the Danish RC regional and country-level capacity to manage MoFA, Europeaid/ECHO other contracts;
- Support the HoR and CCs in their responsibilities to ensure positive donor relations and to contribute to wider RCRC Movement cooperation;
- Identify new relevant areas of cooperation with the EU and others in the East and Southern Africa region and support the HoR in developing strategies and plans in the region ensuring that the Danish RC is well-positioned to apply for other potential new funding sources.
- Profile The ideal candidate holds a Master’s Degree in a relevant academic field.
Requirements for the Regional Grant Coordinator Job
- A minimum of 5 years´ of relevant experience in development and/or humanitarian project management and programming.
- A minimum of 3 years’ field experience in direct project implementation in developing or post-crisis countries.
- Experience with EU/DANIDA specific funding, in particular related to their proposal application and reporting procedures.
- Project cycle management (PCM) and financial management experience.
- Documented experience of donor proposal and report writing.
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills.
- Strong analytical and strategy development skills in assessment, project design and understanding donor requirements.
- A relevant academic degree in a social science, international development or similar.
- Full proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Confidence in situations of stress and able to handle a heavy but varied workload for a long period of time.
- Results-orientated but at the same time innovative and flexible.
- Understanding that process and ownership are key to achieving results in culturally and politically sensitive environments.
- Excellent diplomacy, communication, coordination, negotiation, networking and facilitation skills.
- The ability to travel frequently within the region, particularly to Sudan, South Sudan, Kenya, Malawi, Zimbabwe and Rwanda as well as to Europe when required.
How to Apply
Send your written motivation letter in English and upload your CV on, after creating a profile on our recruiment portal
https://drk.easycruit.com/intranet/international/vacancy/1872065/68800?iso=dkDeadline for applications is 3 July 2017. Interviews are expected to be held shortly after.