Regional Accounting Career Vacancy in Kenya March 2017
Regional Accounting Job Employment in Kenya March 2017
The Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops (KCCB) – General Secretariat is the National administrative, facilitative and coordinative arm through which the KCCB implements and co-ordinates various Pastoral programs
Location: Zonal Centres, Kisumu, Siaya, Homabay, Migori and Kakamega
Regional Accounting Job Responsibilities
- Supporting the Senior Clinical and Program Officers in the region in all aspects of financial management including budget preparation, monitoring and reporting.
- Ensuring that all donor financial requirements are met and that donor reports are timely and accurate and ensure compliance to policies and procedures in all areas.
- Contributing to capacity building of finance staff in the region in financial management and interpretation of financial information for management decision-making.
- Assist in the preparation of Zonal monthly financial reporting on a timely and accurate manner and ensure compliance to policies and procedures in all areas
- The person will travel to respective implementing sites in the regions in order to review monthly reports and receipts, assist with reconciliations& coding, review internal controls, provide training to the site Accountants, and help in process improvement and work with the accountants to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Review accounting records & provide adequate accounting information to the Senior Management teams in timely manner in accordance with grant procedures & policies
- Ensure all accounting data in the system are updated, reconciled and fully supported
- Assist in initiating the accounting program in new implementing sites and/or provide training to newly hired staff
- Review the fixed assets register and ensure it is updated on regular basis
- Support the annual budgeting, forecasting and year planning and ensure that they are consistent with the grant guidelines and procedures
- Monitor site grants budgets in the zone in liaison with the Project Accountant and Project coordinators in the respective sites
Qualifications for the Regional Accounting Job
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics.
- Professional Qualification in CPA, ACCA, CMA.
- 3-5 years financial accounting experience preferably in an USG environment
- Excellent IT skills with experience of operating computer-based financial management systems
- Competent to advanced level in Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of donor compliance rules and regulations for the major donors
- Good knowledge of Social Teachings of the Church and Ethical Principles
How to Apply
Applications should be addressed to:-
The General Secretary
Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops
P.O Box 13475-00800, Nairobi
To reach him on or before 24th March 2017
Candidates to only submit application letters and CVs. Academic certificates and testimonials will be needed if candidates are shortlisted.
NB: Please include the position Title you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
Only Shortlisted Candidates Will be contacted.