RedR UK Finance Officer Job opportunity today in Nairobi, Kenya 2013
Purpose: To support RedR UK in Kenya with a range of Financial and Administrative support.
Location: Musa Gitau Road off waiyaki way, Nairobi, Kenya
RedR and the work we do
- Record financial transactions in line with RedR UK & donor requirements.
- Process timely payments for goods and services received.
- Managing and reconciling bank/cash books, preparation of monthly financial accounts for submission to RedR UK, ensuring financial and resource accountability and effective management of records as required for auditing.
- Adhere to the Head of Support/Country Director instructions (as Budget Holder) to ensure that expenditures are in line with RedR UK policies and financial procedures.
- Coordinate any interim and annual audits.
- Ensure proper accounting of project recoveries and income recognition.
- Check and monitor the field office sub-account transactions and incorporate in reports.
- Maintain, at all times, accurate and up-to-date financial record and provide information when required.
- Establish and prepare accurate and timely information for financial monitoring and progress of programme funds and grants.
- Prepare monthly cash flow projections, assisting the HOS in preparing monthly cash forecast according to donor requirements, as requested.
- Maintain collection and storage of regular financial reports and budget records.
- Ensure adherence to the RedR UK and Nairobi offices finance and administration guidelines at all times.
- Provide soft and hard copies of monthly financial reports on deadline.
- Assist in the preparation of donor reporting, interim and final.
- Preparation of Statutory remittance to concerned bodies as provided for in the payroll – NHIF, NSIF, NSSF, Consultants withholding tax remissions and Annual returns. This needs to be done within the deadlines given.
- Issuance and monitoring of Local Purchase Orders (LPOs) for goods and services.
- Be responsible for the posting of the monthly finance pouch to UK, to include all necessary documents, as outlined by line manager.
- Follow any procedures and guidelines as laid out by RedR UK and provide comments on where it can be more effective for the programme.
- Work in close collaboration with other staff members, and provide back up support where necessary.
- Liaise and communicate through line management with the UK.
- Develop an understanding of RedR courses and an ability to communicate and market the courses to local and international NGOs.
- Any other duties specified by the Head of Support or Country Director as appropriate for the role.
- Kenyan national
- BSc or MSc in Business Finance, Finance or other related fields preferred
- CPA qualified preferred section 6 or CPA K.
- Proven experience in financial accounting of not less than 5 years
- Excellent computer literacy in Excel and Word
- Strong financial management experience with admin experience a strong advantage
- Experience in liaising with Government, NGOs, UN and other organisations.
- Experience in financial reporting on ECHO, DFID, OFDA, USAID grants
- Experience in preparing, reporting against and reforecasting budgets
- Experience in QuickBooks
- Strong commitment to humanitarian work, preferably with more than 2 years’ experience of working with an NGO
- Good interpersonal and team working skills, within a multicultural setting
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Good spoken and written English
- Proactive approach to work and able to work with limited supervision at various points
- Flexibility and a can-do approach to tasks and the ability to adapt to a changing and challenging environment.
- Familiarity with and commitment to RedR’s vision and mission, and willingness to promote this in the field.
Please submit your Updated C.V. and cover letter indicating the position on the subject line to HR.email@example.com before close of business on 4th November, 2013.