Psychological Counselor (KARP 2 Project) Job Vacancy in Kenya Aug 2017
Psychological Counselor (KARP 2 Project) Career Opportunity in Kenya
Psychological Counselor (KARP 2 Project) Career Recruitment in Kenya
HHCDO is currently seeking to fill the above position; qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will be employed under the KARP 2 project.Job Title: Psychological Counselor
Division: KARP ART program
Working Time: Monday to Friday: 8.00am – 5.00pm
Responsible to: Longitudinal care Lead
Qualification: Diploma in Counseling Studies or Counseling Psychology. Degree in the same is acceptable.
Purpose: Support technical psychological or behavioral interventions to clients on chronic care and their support systems.
The position holder will also be responsible for streamlining new NASCOP psychosocial and behavioral interventions such as Alcohol/substance abuse screening & interventions, depression assessment & interventions, GBV screening & interventions, Prevention issues in discordant relationships and enhancing treatment literacy and adherence.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out client’s assessments using standard recommended tools or other professional tools to identify those with psychological and social challenges that are hindering viral suppression and other treatment dynamics.
- Where there is no Longitudinal Nurse, ensures availability of appropriate job aids for longitudinal care interventions.
- Assesses and develops adherence plans with clients having adherence challenges/treatment failure, and follow up the execution of the plan and the outcomes of the interventions.
- Ensures PwP/PHDP messages are provided to each client during clinic visits and to also ensure that prevention goals are set with each client, monitored and documented.
- Coordinates the facility based support groups; to ensure that treatment literacy and psychosocial support needs are identified, addressed and prevention goals are set and followed up.
- Supervises the Client Mentors; daily activities, documentation, reporting, duty schedules
- Attends to all clients with complex psychosocial issues such as treatment declining, treatment failure, 2nd line and 3rd line clients; to assess adherence, identify hindrances to adherence and develop individual adherence plans that are monitored by the assigned client mentors.
- In collaboration with data team and other HCWs, coordinates timely compilation and submission of longitudinal care reports where there is no longitudinal care Nurse to the RDM.
- Where there is no social worker, takes up Social Workers roles.
- Executes any other program duty assigned by the supervisor.
How to Apply
All applications should be addressed to the CEO through our email address: email@example.com
Deadline for submission; 28/07/2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.