Chemist Job at The Public Service Commission
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh.31,020 – Ksh.41, 590 pm, (Job Group ‘K’)
Qualifications for the Chemist Job
- For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have a Bachelor of Science degree in any of the following disciplines:-
- Chemistry, Food Science and Technology, Forensic Science, Biochemistry or Environmental Science from a university recognized in Kenya.
Responsibilities for the Chemist Job
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will work under the guidance of a more experienced officer.
Specific duties and responsibilities will include:-
- Screening and receiving materials for analysis;
- Storing, retrieving and issuing out materials of analysis;
- Sampling at various sites and carrying out field tests;
- Preparing reagents for analysis;
- Maintaining records; and
- Carrying out relevant laboratory analysis of samples.
How To Apply
The details of the posts and mode of application can be accessed on the Commission’s website. Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
Online through the Commission website: www.publicservice.go.ke or jobs portal: www.psckjobs.go.ke
By completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission website.
Completed applications should be sent to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P. O. BOX 30095-00100
So as to reach the Commission on or before 15th June, 2017.