Property Management Jobs in Kenya
Job Title: Property Maintenance Officer
Level: Entry Level
Salary: 30k + Commissions
Our client is a Real Estate Company that specializes in residential and commercial leasing, property scouting, selling and management.
They seek to hire a Property Maintenance Officer who will be tasked with ensuring the property is cleaned and well maintained at all times.
- Examine building on a daily basis for needed repairs, maintenance and cleanliness
- Perform emergency repairs as necessary, remain available to fire and police department on a 24 hour call basis in case of emergency
- Conduct on going regular preventative maintenance, upkeep and repair program including painting and general repairs to façade, plumbing, windows, electrical and mechanical installation
- Oversee and supervise daily maintenance staff to ensure building is in clean and functional condition
- Assume responsibility for the general security and fire safety of the buildings: understand and maintain all aspects of the building safety systems, including fire alarms, emergency lighting and escape routes. Ensure they are all maintaining to a high standard and where necessary recommend improvement of existing facilities.
- Responsible for producing thorough documentation, such as recording details of maintenance and health and safety checks in an efficient and organized manner
- Understand and maintain all aspects of the buildings security systems, including alarm, CCTV, metal detectors, locks and all aspects of the building. Maintain all equipment to a high standard and keep accurate records on file
- Produce daily and weekly reports on a timely basis on maintenance on security issues to be communicated and escalated to the property managers
- Maintain good relations and liaise with tenants to resolve any reported issues
- Foster good working relationships with regulators, ensure understanding of regulation and licensing requirements and timely compliance response
- Have Diploma/Certificate in Engineering
- At least 1 years of experience
- Must have a background in maintenance
- Preferred prior work experience in residential and commercial buildings
- Be observant and pays attention to detail
- Ability to create and implement security procedures and systems
- Should be able to do reports on maintenance and tenancy issues
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be fluent in verbal and written English
- Ability to effectively communicate and deal with clients & team members
- Recognizes and resolves problems quickly and efficiently
- Able to work days, evenings and weekends
How to Apply:
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Property Maintenance Officer) to email@example.com before 6th May, 2017.