Reporting to the General Manager-African Nutrition Ventures, the Production Manager is responsible for the planning, coordination and control of the manufacturing processes for the new range of products.
- Develops a manufacturing strategy that delivers low cost, quality, nutritious products for the poor.
- Determines how the manufacturing model will deliver shared value to growers/farmers.
- Works closely with R&D to design the appropriate manufacturing processes for the products to be developed.
- Undertakes an assessment of all the factories within and outside EA to determine if they can deliver on the set objectives.
- Responsible for the assessment, selection and management of third party local food manufacturers.
- Ensures the implementation of quality-control programmes, monitoring of product standards and adherence to health and safety guidelines by third party manufacturers.
- Oversees related production processes i.e. planning and organizing production schedules, re-negotiating timescales or schedules as necessary.
- Determines the required project resources and works closely with GMS Finance to determine the overall production budget and cost of goods.
- Builds strategic relationships with suppliers to maintain high levels of service and performance.
- Responsible for negotiating prices and terms with suppliers.
- Effectively manage stocks to ensure consistency of supply whilst managing working capital.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering or manufacturing related field.
- At least 5 years experience in food manufacturing at mid-management level.
- Experience working with third party/ toll manufacturers and managing these to meet objectives.
- Strong sourcing & negotiation skills
- Demonstrate previous results with managing upstream supply chain costs aggressively.
- Knowledge of cereal/grain-derived products’ manufacturing processes is an added advantage.
- Well versed with import & customs rules and processes
- Strong strategy formulation skills
- Budget planning and costing
Send your application including a cover letter indicating your desire to work with our client; a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees by close of business Thursday 24th October, 2013.
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Only short listed candidates will be contacted!