Procurement Manager Job Employment in Kenya 2017
Procurement Manager Career Vacancy in Kenya 2017
Procurement Manager Job Opportunity in Kenya 2017
- Company:Uplands Premium Dairies and Foods Limited
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- Job type:Full-Time
- Job category:Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
Uplands Premium Dairies and Foods Limited is a leading Dairy Company located in Kiambu County and a well known leader of high quality dairy products country wide with its flagship brand “Pascha”
We seek to recruit for the following position.
Location: Kagwe – Kiambu
Nature of Job: Full Time
He/ She will be responsible for identifying and screening procurement suppliers, negotiating terms and conditions favorable to the business whilst driving improved supplier service levels, minimizing risk while improving the business results through standardizing and automating business and procurement best practices and process.
Procurement Manager Job Responsibilities
- Develop, implement, maintain procurement policies and systems and review on a regular basis to ensure relevance and conformance with best practices and ensure compliance with internal and regulatory policies.
- Lead the procurement function and oversee all aspects of purchasing, negotiations, strategy, tool and process implementation for procurement related to goods and services.
- Plan and prioritize purchasing activities, reviews planned orders, creates requisitions for purchased items and manage approval process.
- Transmits and prioritizes approved purchase orders and supporting documents to supplier.
- Tracks order acknowledgement, prepares and communicates shortage and backlog reports, and provides visibility of potential interruptions.
- Track orders and confirms system lead times, delivery dates and costs.
- Reviews, updates and maintains purchase orders until they are closed.
- Ensures orders adhere to supplier agreements and contracts; reports non-conformances.
- Identifies opportunities and implements actions to achieve efficiencies.
- Contributes to consolidation, reduction, and rationalization of the local supplier base.
- Build strong relationships with business partners, fostering collaboration and teamwork with the head office procurement department.
- Preparing monthly standard costing
- In coordination with stores analysis of monthly material requirement against sales projection.
- Proper filing of procurement documents.
Qualifications for the Procurement Manager Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years experience in a similar capacity
- Very good negotiation skills
- An individual who upholds integrity and honesty.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV quoting expected salary to email@example.com before Tuesday 14th March 2017.