Executive Assistant Jobs at Plan International
The post holder reports to the Country Director (CD). The position does not supervise anyone. However, it has close working relations with all the CD’s supervisees on certain tasks e.g. following up on reporting and the Administration Department.
Executive Assistant Job Responsibilities
- To provide administrative support to the CD and in his/her absence to the Nominee.
- Ensures that a comprehensive diary is maintained and communicated well in advance with logistical arrangements.
- Provide logistical and administrative support to Director of Operations and the two Directors of Programmes and anyone else at the discretion of the CD.
- Act as the initial contact point for the Country Director’s Office. On a daily basis, respond promptly to questions from Senior Leadership Managers who need to contact and get responses from the CD.
- To co-ordinate, monitor and make travel and logistical arrangements for the CD and other senior directors.
- Prepares documentation to support the office of the CD and its functions and to meet deadlines in processing CD correspondence. Monitors incoming mail and forwards to respective departments/units.
- Co-ordinate the preparation of briefing information for the CD relating to travel/conferences, working closely with departmental colleagues as appropriate.
- Provide back-up support to ensure the effective and timely response to requests from Donors, other NGOs, press and media, staff and partners of Plan.
- Direct requests for information or assistance from outside bodies to staff as appropriate. Ensure action is taken and that good public relations are maintained.
- To provide logistical and administrative support for the organization of seminars, meetings, workshops, conferences, and training sessions organised through the CD’s office.
- To manage all office expenses to support the CD’s office, and raise the necessary request for purchase requisitions.
- To implement and maintain robust office systems including filing and record keeping.
- Preparation of invitation/visa letters where applicable for visitors to enable them acquire visas either prior or upon arrival at the airport.
- Support to CD’s office by compiling the quarterly report.
- Preparing the Delegation of Authority letters as and when necessary.
- Coordinating documentation to CD’s office requiring signature.
- Maintaining/updating CD’s diary to ensure appointments and meetings are well organized and coordinated.
- Any other duty as may be assigned.
Qualifications for the Executive Assistant Job
- Degree in Administration or related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience in administration related work.
- Demonstrated ability to use latest MS Office applications.
How to Apply