Plan International Employment Vacancy Director Operations in Kenya April 2017
Plan International Career Recruitment Director Operations in Kenya April 2017
Plan International Job Vacancy Director Operations in Kenya April 2017
- Company: Plan International Kenya
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Kenya
Working in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas, Plan aims to reach as many marginalized or excluded children as possible, with high quality programs that deliver long lasting benefits, working in partnership with others and operating effectively.
The purpose of this role is to lead, manage, and develop a team of functional experts, which includes Finance, Grants, Administration, Procurement & Logistics, ICT, and Security and to ensure optimum support to projects within the policies of Plan Inc., and the laws of the host country.
The position ensures that team members have the right skills in all aspects of operations and that senior staff are continuously mentored to provide transparent and accountable services in line with the organizations policies and laws of Kenya.
The Director will also ensure that all projects and programs receive the quality and quantity of services required in a timely manner and sees that rigorous systems and controls are in place and operating at an optimal level. This position minimizes financial risk when possible.
Qualifications for the Director Operations Job
- An advanced degree in Accounting/ or Finance, Business Administration or related field. (Required)
- Membership in an internationally recognized professional accounting body such CA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA (Required)
- Knowledge of key donor reporting requirements for large grants and contracts, and other International
- Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) (Required)
- Proven record of management of complex multi-donor large scale annual budgets At least ten years’ experience working areas of Programme support, and management, including up to five years in a senior management position.
- Excellent knowledge and demonstrated experience in management of supply chain, fleet management, and overall logistics including IT
- Good knowledge security management.
- Excellent skills in risk management and demonstrated ability of managing audits
- Good understanding of child rights and child protection issues
- Proven understanding of multi-sectoral programming by international non-government agencies
- Sound experience of leading successful teams and demonstrating understanding of human dynamics associated with change.
- Fluency in English spoken and written;
- Knowledge of Kenya preferable and an understanding of factors affecting child-poverty as well as the political, social and economic opportunities for development.
How to Apply