Personal Associate Job at International Civil Aviation Organization
The Regional Office is primarily responsible for maintaining continuous liaison with the States to which it is accredited and with appropriate organizations, regional civil aviation bodies and sub-regional bodies and UN Agencies and programmes.
The Regional Office ensures interregional coordination and promotes the timely and harmonized implementation of ICAO policies, decisions, Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs) and air navigation plans. The Regional Office also provides technical guidance and assists States with implementation.
The position reports to the Regional Director (RD) who is the Head of the Regional Office and serves as the Representative of the Secretary General to States to which the Regional Office is accredited; plans and directs the work of the Regional Office; provides technical advice and assistance to States on the development and implementation of Regional Plans; and coordinates the delivery of ICAO programme activities within the Regional Office in collaboration with States, regional and sub-regional groups.
The incumbent provides support to the directorate including the Regional Director. Specific instructions and directives will be provided by the Regional Director on special tasks or complex issues.
Personal Associate Job Qualifications
- A College Diploma or equivalent level of education. Additional training in office management, secretariat or related field.
- A first-level university Degree in Business Management or related field
- At least six years of progressively responsible experience in office administration in a public or private administration.
- Experience in office management, communication and coordination tasks, maintenance of records and files, and competency in modern office technology.
- Experience working in a multi-national and multi-cultural environment. Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential matters in a prompt and discrete manner.
- Experience in administrative policies, protocol and procedures of the UN or large multinational organization desirable.
- Experience in dealing with high level officials, government representatives or senior executives from States, is an advantage.
How To Apply
Interested candidates must complete an on-line application form. To apply, please visit ICAO’s e-Recruitment website at: https://careers-new.icao.int/