PATH Job Vacancy : Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor NGO in Kenya October 2017
2017 PATH Career Vacancy : Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor NGO
PATH Job Description : Job Employment Vacancy : Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor NGO
- Company: PATH
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Policy/Monitoring Jobs in Kenya
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
HIV Service Delivery Support Activity (HSDSA) Cluster 1 is a USAID funded project covering Homa Bay, Kisumu, Migori, Kisii and Nyamira counties. The purpose of this project is to provide key clinical support to the Government of Kenya national HIV response with the overall goal of increasing access and coverage for HIV prevention, care and treatment services towards achieving the “90-90-90” targets.
PATH is seeking to recruit a Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor to provide technical leadership to the M&E team of the HSDSA project. S/he will support development, management and application of an AMELP (Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning plan) of the project, offer technical assistance and help build capacity of the project stakeholders on health management information systems. In addition, s/he will participate in identification and measurement of appropriate project performance indicators.
S/he will lead the M&E team and other project implementation teams to carry out routine project monitoring in a timely manner and ensure accurate data collection, analysis, reporting of project activities and outputs and use of data for decision-making. With input from the project team, s/he will identify and oversee design and implementation of special studies that inform project performance and management. S/he will ensure assessments carried out meet quality and technical standards and that findings are appropriately shared with respective stakeholders. The position is based in the Kisumu office and reports to the M&E Specialist.
Duties for the Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor Job
- Mentorship and capacity building of the MOH staff and project M&E staff in to improve their skills in M&E and HMIS.
- Coordinate the gap analysis, forecasting and distribution of CBHIS/HMIS reporting tools.
- Coordinate the implementation of project Performance Management Plan (PMP) and ensure that all indicators are routinely updated.
- Participate in the planning, development, maintenance and training of M&E team and sub grantees on the project databases (and Management Information Systems-CIMS, tableau etc).
- Provide technical expertise in application of appropriate project evaluation methodology and design during implementation of studies and assessments, End-term review using cost-effective methods such as Lot Quality Assessment Sampling (LQAS).
- Provide guidance and a mechanism to ensure quality assurance is maintained at all levels of programmatic work and particularly at results level by offering technical support during SIMS, DQA and Quality of Care Assessments.
- Contribute to the development, review and tracking of the project’s performance indicators including training data.
- Contribute to the development of protocols, instruments (e.g. questionnaires, checklists, discussion guides and interview forms) for data collection, storage and analysis as may be needed.
- Ensure that project performance and accountability data is collected, analyzed and disseminated on a timely basis during quarterly, semi-annual and annual reporting of results.
- Oversee special studies that inform project performance and management including documentation.
- Participate in Project and County M&E Technical Working Group meetings.
- Lead efforts aimed at improving data accuracy by revision of the HSDSA monthly data summary reporting formats i.e. IPT and all training datasets.
- Coordinate continuous updating and review of the project M&E standard operating procedures.
- Manage and coordinate quarterly, SAPR and APR reporting processes to USG through DATIM.
Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor Job Requirements
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Biostatistics, Information Systems Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, Social Sciences. Master’s degree in any related field will be an added advantage.
- At least eight years’ work experience in Health and Management Information Systems (HMIS), monitoring and evaluation of public health programs.
- Experience in the design, management, analysis and dissemination of a wide range of quantitative and qualitative research projects.
- Experience working with a variety of information systems and data files.
- Knowledge of and experience working successfully with large, international, multi-donor health grantees.
- Familiar with GIS as a user interface and reporting format with analytical software.
- Knowledge of PEPFAR/USAID reporting requirements preferred.
- Knowledge of Tableau software is mandatory.
- Ability to initiate, establish and maintain liaison activities with key multilateral and bilateral stakeholders including other USG mechanisms such as HIGDA, Tupime Kaunti and CMLAP II.
- Excellent negotiation and leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, capable of directing and managing change, inspiring teamwork, and motivating staff and partners to achieve results.
- Critical analysis and strong report writing skills required.
- Skills in finer analysis, interpretation and management of complex data.
- A good understanding of the workings of the national HMIS and CBHIS systems including the data collection and reporting tools.
- A good understanding of PEPFAR Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting indicators and reporting system (DATIM).
How to ApplyInterested candidate to apply through this link before 19th October 2017.