PATH HSDSA Project Senior Technical Advisor (HIV / TB Care ) NGO Job Vacancy in Kisumu in Kenya October 2017
PATH HSDSA Project Senior Technical Advisor (HIV / TB Care ) NGO Job Employment in Kisumu in Kenya October 2017
PATH HSDSA Project Senior Technical Advisor (HIV / TB Care ) NGO Job Recruitment in Kisumu in Kenya October 2017
Tracking Code: 8456
HIV Service Delivery Support Activity (HSDSA) Cluster 1 is a USAID funded project covering Homa Bay, Kisumu, Migori, Kisii and Nyamira counties.
- serve as the lead and technical expert in HIV Care and Treatment, PMTCT and TB services for the HSDSA project,
- provide technical support and supervision to ensure that the HIV /TB care and treatment and PMTCT services scope of work for the HSDSA project area assigned is carried out to the fullest extent possible and to the highest possible degree of quality,
- provide technical support and supervision in collaboration with HSDSA project management teams to ensure the successful planning and implementation of HIV care and treatment activities, including work planning, budgeting, support supervision, technical support and reporting in assigned areas.
- Provide overall administrative and technical leadership of the core team of HIV /TB Care and Treatment PMTCT Technical Advisors and Program Officers to ensure effective collaboration, teamwork and collegiality.
- Provide overall technical leadership and mentorship in the implementation of the HIV/ TB Care and Treatment and PMTCT services component of the project.
- Provides technical assistance and leadership of HIV care and treatment services through the writing and review of proposals, protocols, papers, and reports to ensure quality, accuracy and appropriateness.
- Represents HSDSA project and PATH at county and national meetings with donor institutions, multilateral agencies, government counterparts, and implementing partners to coordinate project development and implementation.
- Coordinate the development, implementation and monitoring of costed project work-plans
- Supervise and coordinate the HSDSA project team in the assigned project area in close collaboration with project M&E team and working with the county and sub-county HMTs.
- Oversee the integration of the project’s HIV/ TB technical approaches for the achievement of successful project implementation using evidence informed, innovative and best practices
- Provide leadership in creating and strengthening linkages and referral networks between facility and community activities ensuring there is seamless implementation of activities leading to improved health outcomes across the project areas.
- Take lead in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and other reports as may be required and submit these to the Deputy Chief of Party in a timely manner
- Provide leadership in weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual project performance reviews, assessing progress in an objective manner
- Provide leadership to the HIV/ TB Care and Treatment and PMTCT service delivery team on Quality Improvement/Quality Assurance interventions.
- Participate in the donor progress report writing, continuation application and quarterly review report writing and presentation
- Take lead in site preparation for supportive supervision and SIMS assessments and ensure recommendations are implemented at facility level by project team
- Overall coordination with CHMTs on implementation of HIV Care and Treatment PMTCT service delivery work plans.
- Represent the HSDSA project in technical forums at sub-county, county and national level
- Participate in any other duties as assigned
- Medical Doctor (or equivalent qualification) with a minimum of 7 years’ experience providing leadership in implementation of health service delivery project with specific experience in HIV/TB projects.
- MPH or other master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Hands on clinical experience in HIV service delivery and technical coordination.
- Proven experience leading multi-sectoral project teams in implementing PEPFAR projects.
- Proven experience and familiarity with MOH/GOK health systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills, capable of directing and managing change, effective delegation, inspiring teamwork and motivating staff and partners to achieve results.
- Computer literacy.
- Research experience, proposal and abstract writing will be a distinctive advantage.
- Ability to work in a complex project implementation environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Ability to lead a multi-sectoral team and support collaboration with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability and willingness to learn.
- Excellent facilitation, mentorship, team building and coordination skills.
- Experience in public speaking and professional presentations.
- Field oriented and comfortable with a team approach to programming.
PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.