LOCATION: Head Office
DIVISION/DEPARTMENT: Audit & Compliance
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Head of Audit & Compliance
The Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting in planning, co-coordinating, executing independent risk and various audits in the Organization and ensuring systematic, disciplined approach for effective risk control management and governance process.
Duties for the Assistant Manager Job
- In collaboration with Head of Audit & Compliance, determine internal audit scope using risk based approach and develop annual audit work plan as well as ensure 100% of its implementation.
- Co-ordinate in preparation of the annual budget for the department and ensure proper budgetary control.
- Coordinating the full audit cycle including assigning tasks, tracking of open issues, carrying out follow-ups and management control over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations.
- Carry out reviews on a monthly or quarterly basis on organisation processes and identify key cost drivers and cost reduction measures effectiveness.
- Assist in conducting annual reviews and updates of the departmental SLAs.
- Identify if processes are not working as they should and where not working, advise on changes to be made.
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process and advice on the identified gaps.
- Ensure that internal procedures agree with KOIL corporate policies, industry standards and regulatory requirements and that are correctly followed and complied with.
- Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum.
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions.
- Engage in continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
- Assist in staff learning & development matters in the department as well as mentoring and coaching of staff.
- Maintain open communication with Head of Department.
- Work with the Assistant Manager – Risk and Compliance to develop an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers.
- Performing any other duties as required from time to time.
- Prepare reports timely and regularly.
- Prepare comprehensive monthly, quarterly and annual Audit reports to be used for internally by the various departments, the Board of Directors and also for evaluation of the Company’s operations by both external and internal stakeholders.
- Prepare monthly reports to the management on the departments’ performance or on any other issue affecting the internal audit function.
- Report any deficiencies/ violations as appropriate or required.
Assistant Manager Job Requirements
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree or any other Business relevant Degree.
- CPA (K)/ ACCA;
- CIA, CISA & any other recognized professional accounting qualification a plus
- MBA will be an added advantage
- 6 years relevant working experience, two(2) of which should have been at Supervisory level and above in a similar role
- Knowledgeable about internal control and control environment
- Excellent Interpersonal, written & Communication Skills
- Internal Audit Management Best Practices
How to Apply
If you are interested in the position and have the required qualifications, skills and experience, kindly visit http://korient.co.ke/careers/ and submit your application on or before Friday 17th March, 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.