One Acre Fund Warehouse Associate NGO Career Recruitment in Kenya
One Acre Fund Warehouse Associate NGO Job Opportunity in Kenya
One Acre Fund Warehouse Associate NGO Job Recruitment in Kenya
One Acre Fund
We are an international nonprofit that works in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, Tanzania, Uganda, and Malawi.
In these countries, our 4,000+ strong staff serves over 400,000 smallholder farmers and enables them to grow their way out of hunger and poverty.
Job Location: Western, Nyanza , Rift Valley Kenya
Reporting To: Warehouse Manager
Job Description: We are an international NGO with a strong footprint in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, and Tanzania: In these countries our 3,000+ strong staff serves over 200,000 smallholding farmers and helps them to grow their way out of hunger and poverty.
Logistic department is charged with delivering high-quality inputs on time to our farmers every year and keeping transport and delivery costs at a level that’s downright mind-blowing.
The department aims at providing consistent and professional service at a time when farm families are experiencing the greatest financial risks.
We are seeking experienced and talented individuals to take up the position of Warehouse Associate in the Logistics department.
The Warehouse Associates will be based at the Warehouse within western, Nyanza or Rift valley.
The Warehouse Associate will report directly to the Warehouses Manager.
- Inventory Management – managing deliveries and transfers of goods from suppliers and to other warehouses.
- Maintaining accurate records – the warehouse associate will take responsibility for any missing or unaccounted for inventory.
- Daily reporting of warehouse activities.
- Counting the inventory.
- Maintaining the safety and security of all inputs stored in the warehouse.
- Organizing all inventory per established warehouse layout.
- Preparing warehouse for physicals counts by internal auditors.
- Receiving official OAF visitors to warehouse e.g (OAF Donors).
- Receiving and preparing invoices from NCPB.
- Casual labourer screening, training and orientation.
- Managing warehouse staff during input delivery season.
- Payment document processing e.g. rent, casual, electric bill, fleet vendor etc.
- 1-2 years’ experience in logistics.
- College level education (Logistics, Supply chain Management preferred)
- Should be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong work ethic – will be responsible for leading the warehouse team during the busy delivery season.
- Leadership experience – Warehouse Associate will supervise a team of causal laborers
- Strong Math Skills – Essential that all counts be accurate
- Integrity – Warehouse Associate will bear personal responsibility for inputs in the warehouse
- Positive attitude – Open to feedback from supervisors
If you feel motivated to work for One Acre Fund as a Warehouse Associate and you fulfill our requirements for this role, we look forward to receiving your application by 2nd August, 2017.
CLICK HERE to apply online
You will be prompted to a form that must be completed. At the end of the form you will have the opportunity to write a motivational letter and upload your CV.
Please Note: You must have 18 years and above to qualify for any position at One Acre Fund.
One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.