Nyahururu Water and Sanitation Company Managing Director Job vacancy in Kenya 2013
In order to ensure the company delivers on its mandate, we now seek to recruit a high caliber, results oriented and self driven professional who will provide leadership and strategic direction in the capacity of Managing Director.
- Provide overall leadership and administration of operations of the company under the guidance of the Board.
- Developing short term corporate strategies for Board approval and implementation as stipulated in the company’s strategic plan.
- Managing internal multi-disciplinary teams and external parties to ensure agreed corporate objectives are achieved
- Developing performance standards together with mechanisms for monitoring and evaluation
- Ensuring compliance with applicable statutory, legal and regulatory requirements and establishing mitigation measures against emerging business risks.
- Promoting the company’s image and developing good working relationships with all stakeholders and partners while promoting the principles good governance in the company.
- Developing networks and partnerships with development partners and spearheading donor collaboration and fundraising for project implementation.
- Advising the Board of Directors on operations, investment planning and sustainable development of company interests.
- Directing and coordinating company operations and administration to ensure that various organs operate in conformity with overall operational plans and performance targets.
- Advising the Board of Directors concerning future activities of the company and on objectives and policies while mitigating risks which would affect the smooth management of the company.
- Promoting harmony and cohesiveness within the company and with other partners.
- The ideal candidate will be a holder of a minimum of Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in the field of engineering, physical Sciences, Social Sciences and Finance
- A master’s degree in the relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Should have at least 10 years working experience in senior management position(s).
- Should be a person of high integrity and should meet the requirements of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2010
- Should have exceptional visionary leadership and negotiations skills with capacity to engage with local, regional and international organizations.
- Should have excellent communication and presentation skills, strong interpersonal, analytical, organizational and team leadership capabilities and high professional ethical standing.
- Demonstrated change leader with transformative leadership capability.
- Should be self -driven and capable of working under minimum supervision.
- Should have capacity to mobilize financial resources for project implementation
- Understanding of the water sector will be an added advantage
Board of Directors
Nyahururu Water and Sanitation Company Limited
P.O Box 20300-1907,