Nuru Kenya Regional Manager Job Vacancy in Isibania in Kenya October 2017
Nuru Kenya Regional Manager Career Vacancy in Isibania
Nuru Kenya Regional Manager Job Recruitment in Isibania
Position: Regional Manager
About the Organization: Nuru Kenya is a non-governmental organization currently working in Migori County, Kenya.
About the Job: We are looking for a highly qualified, experienced and passionate candidate to fill the position of Regional Manager.
- Regional management, coordination and wellbeing of cooperatives will be your key deliverable
- Responsible for implementing all cooperative strategies as directed by Country Director
- Cooperatives should have functional revolving funds
- Ensure Cooperatives have at least 100% loan repayment
- Institute functional sub committees in all cooperatives
- Provide advice to the BOD of cooperatives to ensure that they are able to execute their mandates well
- Train and mentor all cooperatives staff to ensure that they are competent in delivering services to members of the cooperatives; managing Cooperative Managers directly
- Work with BOD to enhance loan repayment to required percentage which is 100%. This will ensure that the revolving fund for cooperatives is effective
- Work with the BOD to ensure coordination of all phases of the business so that they support each other. The use of physical and financial assets and personnel activities must be integrated to accomplish predetermined goals and objectives- the key being making the co-operative profitable within a short period
- Ensure Cooperatives portfolio increases by a minimum of 50% for long rain season
- Facilitate the BOD members in Collecting information concerning business alternatives, synthesizing the information, and evaluating it for decision making
- To ensure the Co-op Managers coordinate contact of the co-operatives with external stakeholders such as County and National governments, development organizations, business groups and the general public
- Be the principal liaison between the co-operatives and Nuru International Kenya ensuring Nuru Kenya Impact programs have coordinated work plans.
- Assist in management of aggregation, buying, storing, and selling operations and staff during harvest and buying season
- Research and explore funding and investment opportunities for improving or expanding Nuru’s market linkage operations
- Inform Nuru Kenya and organized farmers on cooperative establishment in Kenya including topics such as laws and policies, best practices, registration procedures, etc.
- Coordinate trainings for rural cooperative capacity-building; including cooperative management, staffing plans, democratic leadership and cooperative business plan development
- Help Nuru Kenya and cooperative societies in setting up and maintaining accounting and record keeping systems with strong financial controls
- Execute financial models that appropriately balance farmer welfare and organizational sustainability for Nuru Kenya’s market linkage and agricultural loan initiatives
- Liaise with government cooperative development and marketing offices and resolve any policy and administrative issues that may arise
- Any other duty as may be assigned by your supervisor
- Degree in Cooperative Management, with experience/knowledge in Agribusiness Management.
- 5-6 years of experience in operations, management and/or development of agricultural cooperative societies
- Strong quantitative skills; specifically demonstrated ability to create and execute financial models and business plans
- Experience with agribusiness/cereal markets/dairy markets in Kenya
- Detailed understanding of challenges facing small scale farmers, grain/agricultural produce markets and cooperatives in Kenya
- Strong computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Office suits
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, we give equal opportunity to all qualified candidates.