Nuru Kenya Dairy Manager NGO Career Opportunity in Isibania in Kenya July 2017
Nuru Kenya Dairy Manager NGO Job Recruitment Opportunity in Isibania
Nuru Kenya Dairy Manager NGO New Job Opportunity in Isibania
Position: Dairy Manager
Employer: Nuru Kenya
Location: Isibania, Kenya
Job Type: 1 year Contract
Number of positions: 1About the Organization: Nuru Kenya is a non-governmental organization currently working in Migori County, Kenya. Nuru Kenya’s mission is to end extreme poverty in remote, rural areas of Kenya.
To this end, Nuru implements a holistic development model working with programs in Agriculture, Financial Inclusion, Healthcare, and Education.
We are implementing a dairy program in order to increase or expand income opportunities for our farmers so that they have the ability to make meaningful choices about their lives.
At Nuru we believe serving our farmers is a privilege rather than an entitlement that is why we take pride in the economic and social strides achieved by the farmers since we began our work in these communities.
See http://www.nuruinternational.org for further information about the organization.About the Job: We are looking for a highly qualified, experienced and passionate candidate to fill the position of Dairy Manager.
Reporting to the Agriculture Program Manager, the position holder will develop and manage Nuru’s dairy strategy to the extent that farmers and cooperative’s realize a return on investment from the project.
The Dairy Manager will be in charge of the technical aspect of the project and day to day supervision of the program field operations.
S/he will manage the implementation of all dairy related activities including developing capacity of farmers to effectively and efficiently invest in the project.Specific Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage Nuru Kenya’s dairy strategy by delivering on outputs and outcomes based on the implementation document.
- Establish dairy program in Nuru’s cooperatives in a scalable and sustainable way
- Working in close collaboration with other staff in cooperatives to contribute towards the overall effective delivery of outputs and outcomes among the cooperatives
- Collaborate closely with the Regional Managers in the implementation of dairy business activities to include timely execution of the plans and delivery on all targeted activities, development and tracking of project budget requirements
- Conduct research on best practices in the dairy industry and advise on the most efficient and effective implementation strategies
- Work with the team to establish business development needs of the dairy cooperatives by identifying dairy based priority areas of involvement and develop implementation strategies
- Develop, review and manage the implementation of the dairy training curriculum and ensure that there is follow-up to inform on compliance
- Develop effective and strong working relationships with livestock officials of the county government, community leaders and Cooperative’s Board of Directors to identify areas of collaboration in the field
- Offer professional advice to cooperative’s leadership and or farmers on various value chain options available in dairy management to ensure that there is return on investment (ROI)
- Monitor the implementation progress and periodically report all dairy activities to the supervisor based on the agreed upon reporting format
- Maintain 90% presence in the field to ensure that there is effective implementation of dairy trainings
- Manage dairy team and other staff assigned to you competently and ensure that they are able to effectively perform their roles
- Report directly to the Agriculture Program Manager
- Any other duties as shall be assigned to you by your supervisor.
Requirements for the Position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Veterinary Medicine, Animal Production, or Animal Production & Health management
- Technical & Field experience of between 3-5 years working on a dairy program or with farmer owned organizations 2 of which must have been at a similar or related role
- Proven experience managing dairy related value chains to maximize profits
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to generate innovative solutions in work situations
- Proven ability and experience working with and managing teams
- Willingness to work in remote rural locations
- Ability to ride a motorcycle with a valid license
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili required
- Those with experience working with farmers in organized groups will have an added advantage.
Working Conditions: Work will be performed mainly in the field with expected 90% presence in the field.
You will spend about 10% of your work week in the office to plan, meet with team and perform other office related duties. Some work is also expected from the computer or other devises at home after work or over the weekend during busier seasons.
Management reserves the right to change the job description of this role from to time to optimize effective use of staff skills and to also align it with other changes in the organization.
Remuneration: Commensurate with demonstrated skills and experience. Upon confirmation of employment, all Nuru staff are entitled to a medical cover and pension contribution by/to a private insurance scheme.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, we give equal opportunity to all qualified candidates.
Interested applicants should submit their application; cover letter, academic / professional certificates and or testimonials and a resume (3 pages maximum) supported by at least three known references one of which must be your current or previous supervisor, kindly quote your current and expected salary.
Include your phone number, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 31st of July, 2017 at 5pm EAT.
Indicate the job title “DAIRY MANAGER” as the subject of your application.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: We do not charge any fee at any stage in our hiring process.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.