Nova Pioneer Director of Talent Job Vacancy in Kenya July 2017
Nova Pioneer Director of Talent Career Vacancy in Kenya
Nova Pioneer Director of Talent Job Recruitment in Kenya
Nova Pioneer is looking for an outstanding professional who will serve as the organization’s Director of Talent to manage all aspects of our people functions throughout East Africa.
This is an ideal opportunity for a results-oriented, passionate talent professional who has a broad-based understanding of the various elements required to build a world-class systems for attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people.
Our people will be instrumental in helping shape the destiny of students such as Ryan. Watch Ryan’s video here – https://goo.gl/PrqKzK
About Nova Pioneer: We are a school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them.
A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content. Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school.
Nova Pioneer uses a unique, enquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”.
We have 2 schools in Kenya and 4 in South Africa with a vision to launch a total of 100 schools across the African continent.
To learn more visit https://www.novapioneer.com
About The Role: At Nova Pioneer we believe that attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional people is at the heart of achieving our vision.
We aim to build our organization into one of the best environments to work and grow as a professional across the continent and world: we can only grow as quickly as we find and develop fantastic talent.
This puts the talent function at the heart of our organization and this leadership position represents an extraordinary opportunity to shape the trajectory of the organization and its impact on education across the continent.
The Director will lead this priority across East Africa, building and leading a team of strong talent professionals and working closely with the Global Head of Talent to establish and refine systems that we will use across the continent.
Full details of the role are here – https://goo.gl/SVimUS
Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Design, lead and implement a differentiated professional development program for staff across East Africa, including a robust program to develop emerging leaders and managers;
- Manage and continuously refine all elements of the annual performance management process including: education and support to all levels of management regarding goal setting, feedback, coaching, appropriate documentation, and appropriate actions for performance issues
- Build and manage a strong recruitment team that is able to efficiently review thousands of candidates every year and identify exceptional individuals to fill hundreds of critical roles as the organization grows rapidly;
- Develop strategic activities to identify and attract top candidates to Nova Pioneer such as events, social media engagement, and partnerships with universities and other major institutions;
- Build and manage our Talent Support (Human Resources) function and create systems and processes that will enhance and strengthen our team’s work in all areas of HR administration and systems;
Team and Culture Leadership
- Build and lead a team to consistently meet the ambitious talent-related goals of rapidly-growing organization;
- Build an exceptional culture within your team aligned to the organization’s aspirations in which individuals constantly push to meet High Expectations and there are high degrees of collaboration and joy in working together. Read more about our culture here – https://goo.gl/XQcKDa
- 8+ years of experience in results-oriented, fast-paced environments. Some experience working on modern, progressive human resources/talent experience is required. Experience in the education sector is plus but not required;
- Exceptional interpersonal and people management skills – your colleagues and teams love working with you and you are able to handle a wide range of personalities and people situations;
- Experience driving talent planning efforts within an organization with a focus on systematic people development;
- Excellent project management and ability to prioritize and effectively manage time in a complex, fast-moving environment;
- You are a creative, out of the box thinker, strategist and problem solver
- You build strong relationships with an ability to inspire and motivate others
- You strive for excellence in every detail of your work and inspire and challenge everyone around you to do the same
- Our culture resonates deeply with your values—and in particular, you are excited to challenge yourself by taking risks and getting more feedback than you’ve ever received before
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree a plus
How to Apply
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you?
We cannot process applications that are emailed to us so please apply here https://goo.gl/SVimUS and ensure that you complete the form on the right hand side of the web page.