PATH Job Vacancy : Technical Advisor Laboratory Strengthening Services NGO in Kenya October 2017
PATH Career Vacancy : Technical Advisor Laboratory Strengthening Services NGO
PATH Job Vacancy : Technical Advisor Laboratory Strengthening Services NGO
- Company: PATH
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Kenya
HSDSA Cluster 1
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
HIV Service Delivery Support Activity (HSDSA) Cluster 1 is a USAID funded project covering Homa Bay, Kisumu, Migori, Kisii and Nyamira counties. The purpose of this project is to provide key clinical support to the Government of Kenya national HIV response with the overall goal of increasing access and coverage for HIV prevention, care and treatment services towards achieving the “90-90-90” targets.
We seek to recruit a Technical Advisor Laboratory Strengthening Services who will provide technical expertise, coordination and supervision of all laboratory activities within the assigned APHIAplus project area in compliance with national and donor guidelines and policies, provide technical support and supervision to ensure that the Laboratory Scope of Work for the project area assigned is carried out to the fullest extent possible and to the highest possible degree of quality.
S/he provide technical support and supervision in collaboration with project management teams to ensure the successful planning and implementation of laboratory activities, including work planning, budgeting, support supervision, technical support and reporting in assigned areas. The incumbent will provide laboratory related representation for the HSDSA project and PATH at facility, sub-county and county forums and meetings as may be called upon, collaborate with laboratory-related national mechanisms and institutions in supporting laboratory strengthening activities. This position is based in Kisumu.
Duties for the Technical Advisor Laboratory Strengthening Services Job
- Provide technical leadership and oversight for the project team on laboratory systems, networks, and advice the Senior Technical Advisor HIV TB Care, Treatment and PMTCT services on laboratory related matters as need be.
- Provide technical assistance and capacity building support to project program officers and facility laboratory personnel for expansion of quality laboratory services especially improved access to laboratory diagnosis and monitoring through HIV testing, Viral Load testing, CD4 testing, Early Infant Diagnosis and Gene Expert TB testing to support provision of quality integrated HIV services at health facilities in liaison with CMLTs.
- Provide oversight, technical assistance and capacity building to establish, strengthen and expand the laboratory network between facilities, sub-counties and counties in collaboration with project program officers and CHMTs.
- Support capacity building and technical assistance to project program officers and facility laboratory personnel on reagent/commodity forecasting, quantification, procurement and consumption reporting in liaison with CMLTs and the national supply chain mechanisms.
- Support capacity building and technical assistance to project program officers and facility laboratory personnel on laboratory related QA/QC, lab equipment maintenance and related service contracts in liaison with national laboratory reference labs and equipment vendors.
- Work in close collaboration with the project management team and CHMT to strengthen laboratory systems and services to offer improved access to laboratory diagnosis and monitoring in support of provision of quality integrated health services.
- Work in close collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor to strengthen Laboratory Health Management Information Systems for commodity reporting at facility, sub-county and county levels.
- Represent the project team at technical/stakeholder forums with the county and national government, the donor institutions and other implementing partners on laboratory related matters.
Technical Advisor Laboratory Strengthening Services Job Requirements
- An advanced diploma in laboratory sciences or related qualification. A degree or post graduate qualifications in laboratory sciences will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years progressively responsible experience in implementing PEPFAR laboratory strengthening service delivery programs.
- A demonstrated track record of providing mentorship and supervision for strengthening laboratory services and training in quality improvement approaches.
- Good knowledge on commodity management and reporting and LMIS functionality
- Experience working with MOH structures and personnel and good knowledge of laboratory related health systems strengthening.
- Strong programming, management, technical and critical thinking skills to facilitate program implementation.
- Excellent analytical, communication, presentation and report writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with efficiency and diplomacy, as part of a team effort
- Computer literacy, particularly in the use of MS office.
- Ability to work in a complex project implementation environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Ability and willingness to learn.
- Excellent skills in facilitation, team building and coordination.
- Experience in public speaking and professional presentations.
- Field oriented and comfortable with a team approach to programming.
- Ability to manage several major activities simultaneously.
- Must currently have legal authorization to work in Kenya.
- PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
How to ApplyInterested candidate to apply through this link before 19th October 2017.