Job Opportunity Norwegian Refugee Council Consultancy – Early Grade Reading Assessment (EGRA) on English and Somali language for Accelerated Education Program in Kenya July 2017
Job Opening Norwegian Refugee Council Consultancy – Early Grade Reading Assessment (EGRA) on English and Somali language for Accelerated Education Program
Job Description : Job Employment Norwegian Refugee Council
Ref. No: 3514999949
Conflict and poverty in the refugees’ countries of origin have contributed to education being interrupted for many of the camp’s adolescents and youth.
Objectives of Accelerated Education Program (AEP): The Accelerated Education Programme (AEP) increases access to basic education for out-of-school adolescents and youth in Dadaab.
NRC has been implementing AEP in Dadaab since 2013, with a current enrollment of 1403 (907M,406F) adolescents and youth benefitting.
2. Objectives of the Assessment
The Assessment specific objectives are:
- Develop a simple broad-based method to assess children’s competencies, particularly in literacy (English and Somali);
- Collate and analyse camp based data on learners’ competencies
- Communicate the information in a comprehensive and simple manner that can be understood by the organization, parents and donors
The EGRA Assessment will be limited to learners at the AEP centers managed by NRC in Dadaab refugee camps (Hagadera, Ifo, Ifo2 and Dagahaley) with a total enrolment of 1,403 learners
- Inception report and inception meeting: EGRA ASSESSMENT: Detailed explanation of assessment methodology, including survey design, sampling methods, data collection tools, final time schedule, data entry, arrangements for supervision and validation of data collected and report writing
- Presentation of preliminary findings in a draft report and for input by program team
- Presentation of Final reports in soft copy and four booklet copies.
The technical proposal should include
- A brief explanation about the Consultancy firm and /or Consultant/s with particular emphasis on previous experience in this kind of work/assessments; profile of the Consultant/s to be involved in undertaking the works;
- CV detailing key qualifications of the professional as outlined above
- Understanding of the TOR, the tasks to be accomplished as well as detailed draft plan.
Duration and Timeframe
The duration of the assignment will be a total of 20 days, from the date of contract signing.
- Inception report and inception meeting: 4 Days
- Data collection and analysis: 6 Days
- Preliminary report findings presentation: 6 Days
- Final report: 4 Days
- Post-graduate degree in Social Sciences, Education, or any related field
- Minimum of 10 years’ relevant professional experience in conducting similar tasks, particularly with recognized institutions and in a refugee set-up
- Proven experience in conducting EGRA assessments in a Somali refugee context
- Proven knowledge and understanding of Accelerated Education Program and policies guiding the same in Kenya
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Fluency in English
- Applicants must send a technical and financial proposal to the contact person indicated in the advertisement.
Visit www.nrc.no to apply online
- Location: Kenya
- Industry: Emergency Relief
- Special field: Information, Counselling & Legal Assistance
- Role: Consultant