NEPAD APRM Country Review Process Senior Coordinator Job opportunity today in Johannesburg, South Africa
The African Peer Review Mechanism (APRM) is a unique and innovative programme of the New Partnership for Africa’s development.
It is an instrument voluntarily acceded to by member states of the African Union as an African-based monitoring mechanism.
The primary purpose of the APRM is to foster the adoption of policies, standards and practices that lead to human security and political stability, high economic growth, sustainable development, and accelerated sub-regional and continental economic integration.
The APRM invites applicants who are citizens of AU Member States for the following Johannesburg, South Africa based post:
Senior Coordinator, Country Review Process
Key Strategic Challenges will include, amongst others:
- Initiating countries’ preparation for undertaking their reviews, including the setting up of national autonomous bodies and focal points entrusted with the process
- Organizing support in the preparation of Country Self-Assessment Reports (CSAR)
- With the support of Country Review Coordinators, providing, as may be required, the necessary technical assistance to national bodies and focal points in the preparation of their Country Self-Assessment Reports (CSAR)
- Coordinating the review process, including consolidation of contributions of the members of the CRT, in their respective thematic area
- Providing the necessary support to the Lead Panel Member in the submission of the draft and final Country Reports to the Panel and the African Peer Review Forum of Heads of State and Government of participating countries (APR Forum), respectively
- Leading and coordinating, within the APRM Secretariat, the contribution of the office to the preparation of individual countries’ periodic reports on the implementation of their Programmes of Action
Qualifications & Professional Experience Required:
- A minimum of a Masters’ degree in Social Sciences
- At least 8 years’ experience in dealing with African development issues
- 8 to 15 years’ experience in managing complex departments/functions and leading teams of senior professionals
- Extensive knowledge of the objectives of the APRM in the thematic areas and their interactions, as well as their impact on the overall development process at country, regional and continental levels
- Proven leadership skills and experiences of interacting with country, international officials and organisations
- Extensive Research skills and experience in governance
- Proficiency in one of the African Union working languages
Remuneration: Indicative basic salary US$ 57,515.00 per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. post adjustment (57% of basic salary), housing allowance (US 26,496.00 per annum), education allowance (75% of tuition and other related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$7,800.00 per child per annum), etc. for internationally recruited staff of the African Union.
Applications must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title on the email subject line.
Interested parties to submit the following, preferably in either English or French:
- A motivation letter stating reasons for seeking employment with the African Peer Review Mechanism
- Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae indicating your nationality, age, and gender
- Three (3) contactable referees who have good knowledge of the candidate’s work
- Certified copies of all academic qualifications
All appointments will be made on fixed term of five years, comprising the first three years one of which is probation period, after which the contract can be renewed once.
Fusion Consulting (Pty) Ltd has been mandated to manage the recruitment process for the above posts.
For enquiries, please contact Ms. Siviwe Shongwe, Director at Fusion Consulting on +27 11 706 5763.
Closing Date: 3 November 2014