MSF Switzerland Purchaser NGO Job Vacancy in Dadaab in Kenya Aug 2017
MSF Switzerland Purchaser NGO New Job Opportunity in Dadaab Kenya
MSF Switzerland Purchaser NGO Career Opening in Dadaab Kenya
Contract duration: 03 months fixed term contract
The job activities include but are not limited too;
- Carry out purchases of a supply office analyzing market sources, and competitive pricing conditions among different suppliers in order to ensure an ongoing supply of all sorts of goods, while guaranteeing best quality and pricing for MSF goods and commodities.
- Carries out the purchases of a supply office on the basis of purchase documents issued by the line manager and manages the administrative and accounting procedures related to purchasing.
- Constantly assess the local market, seeks products and suppliers that offer the best value for money, and negotiates prices.
- At the request of the line manager, obtains different quotations from suppliers according to the MSF Purchasing policy
- Place purchase orders to pre-selected suppliers with whom prices have been agreed.
- Request invoices or receipts, without delay, for all purchases, check they are correctly filled and translate information written in local language before approval.
- Regularly updates the supplier-item-price data on the supply office.
- Manage the administrative and accounting procedures related to purchases: complete purchase orders, check delivery notes (against orders), etc.
- Manages the advances issued by the Finance Department.
- Assists in reception control process with the storekeeper and supply assistant.
- Update information on purchase lists after purchases are made.
- Purchase management on UNIFIELD (Integrated Supply Chain and Finance Management Software).
- Essential, mission language and local language
- Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, stress management