The Company offers market leading insurance products and services to customers, and is preparing to be a dominant player in the region.
In order to grow locally and set up a platform in the region, our client seeks to hire an assistant claims manager who will report to the Claims manager.
Responsible for assisting the claims manager in overseeing management of claims within the organization.
- Thorough and detailed analysis of claim documents to enable early fraud detection and ensure that the fraudulent claims are effectively addressed within the company’s policies and guidelines.
- Maintain a proper and accurate reserves on claims and ensure that all Journal vouchers are forwarded to the Accounts department within 24 hours of approving them
- Maintain a proper update of the system data and documentation of the claims and ensure that the files submitted by the Claims officers are approved within 24 hours of posting.
- Ensure that negotiation and settlement of claims is completed within 30 days from the date of approval and that such settlement is within the least amounts possible
- Ensure that correspondences from the insured, intermediaries, claimants and their advocates are responded to within 72 hours from the date they are received.
- Ensure that proper factual and legal research required for achievement of the strategy on the claims is conducted
- Engaging with third party service providers where necessary to build evidence on liability
- Where execution of court judgments has commenced, to firstly have our advocates immediately instructed to file the appropriate pleadings and secondly, deal with the auctioneers to protect the insured’s interests as well as the business interests of the Company.
- Ensure that recoveries from the insured and third parties is achieved
- Prepare and review the relevant claim guidelines and template documents to conform to the policy and best practices
- Liaise with the Company’s re-insurers and provide the requisite documentation to facilitate timely recovery of the recoveries due
- Handle customer complaints from the insured or intermediaries and instill confidence in the company’s claim process
- Carry out any other duties assigned by the claims manager and/or Managing Director
- A Bachelors Degree or Equivalent from a recognized University.
- Demonstrable progress towards qualifying as an insurance practitioner i.e ACII exams
- A master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years practical work experience in Insurance, 3 of which must be in the claims department.
- Personality: A go-getter, enthusiastic, results oriented with excellent communication and social skills.
- A forward planner with clear focus, mature, reliable, hardworking and able to work without supervision
- Computer skills: Must be adept in use of Ms Word, Excel, Access, power-point, Internet and email
- Honest and with high integrity
- High level of integrity and honesty
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills
- Possess leadership skill and ability to work with diverse teams
- Knowledge of operations of insurance industry and its interface with the Insurance Regulatory Authority
- Sound Analytical and IT relevant skills.
Kindly send your 2 page CV and cover letter detailing your experience, qualification and motivation for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly indicating the job title as the subject and address it to the Recruitment Manager as soon as you read this advert.