Materials Manager Job opportunity in Kenya today
Job Title: Materials Manager
This is a highly visible position with responsibility to provide results driven leadership to the purchasing, planning, shipping/receiving, and inventory departments.
Key areas of accountability include, hands-on participation in department activities, planning, budgeting, purchasing, resource management, scheduling, training, supplier network, best practices, quality, and continued improvement of responsible areas.
- Proactively obtain industry trend data and provide timely feedback to Senior Leadership.
- Provide input and data to support ongoing budgeting and strategic planning process.
- Identify and develop strategic suppliers / partnerships to support business goals.
- Establish departmental goals and objectives that provide world-class materials performance to the organization.
- Establish and track meaningful departmental reports / measurements.
- Analyze reports, measurements and external benchmarks to identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Proactively lead the materials team to continuously improve processes and procedures.
- Manage all departmental functions such that goals and objectives are consistently achieved.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, and ethics codes and ensure that they are communicated and implemented within the department.
- Deliver continuous improvement in supplier delivery, quality and cost.
- Ensure timely receipt of materials to support the production schedule.
- Manage purchase contracts to protect company interests.
4. Scheduling / planning
- Schedule material demands and work order completion dates in system to support production schedule.
- Proactively manage material and work order exceptions and provide feedback to Manufacturing & Project Management on critical information.
- Interface with project managers to establish workflow including release dates, releasing order, dates, and cash flow management.
5. Inventory Management
- Minimize overall inventory value.
- Ensure accuracy of data in system including location, quantity on hand, value, etc.
- Create procedures and reporting for the effective management of inventory.
6. Shipping & Receiving
- Ensure all customer orders are appropriately packaged and shipped promptly, accurately and with all necessary documentation.
- Ensure all outsource manufacturing is appropriately packaged and shipped promptly, accurately and with all necessary documentation.
- Ensure all materials are received promptly and accurately.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum four-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in material management, procurement, supply chain, accounting, or similar.
- 7+ years working experience in a manufacturing environment with extensive experience in purchasing, inventory, planning, supervision, and SAP systems.
- Knowledge of FSN & ABC Analysis and knowledge of inventory management tools.
- Strong planning, organizational, analytical, communication, and negotiation skills are required.
- Team attitude; eager to cooperate with others with exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to change direction and handle multiple responsibilities and tasks on a regular basis.
- Ability to positively motivate individuals and teams to meet or exceed project expectations.
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, clearly detailing their current remuneration and expectations to email@example.com before end of day 17 October 2013.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted