Lokipetot Community Food Security Project Enterprise Manager Job vacancy in Lodwar, Turkana County, Kenya 2013
Lokipetot Community Food Security Project is located about 8 km out of Lodwar along Lodwar-Lorugum road. Lokipetot Community Food Security Project has recently entered into a grant partnership with African Development Foundation through their partner in Kenya, CEZAM Consultants and Associates.
We are recruiting a self motivated Enterprise Manager as per requirements below
The Enterprise Manager to be based in Lokipetot, Lodwar, Turkana County and working within the framework of Lokipetot Community Food Security Project
- In possession of at least a Diploma in Community Development, Social Work and Agriculture or any other related course from a recognized institution in Kenya
- An experience of at least two years in community development, enterprise development for CBOs, NGOs or other sustainable livelihoods, community sensitization, community mobilization and capacity building
- Excellent communication skills in English and Swahili. Knowledge of Ngaturkana is an added advantage
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office(especially Word and Excel)
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills and ability to adapt to rapidly changing external constraints under pressure with minimum supervision
- Ability to network, influence, advocate and lobby on behalf of the group to mobilize resources
- Portrays excellent marketing and public relations skills
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead in planning the project activities to ensure achievement of scope within the budget and timeline
- Coordinate the group activities with the leadership, members, staff and stakeholders( Donors, government, NGOs, FBOs)
- Monitor performance indicators and supervise staff that are assigned to the project to deliver their work
- Institute and maintain efficient and effective control systems to enhance accountability, transparency and value for money( HR, Financial Management, Procurement and Resource Mobilization policies)
- Network and identify potential donors and markets opportunities that would be appropriate for Lokipetot community progress. The identified market niches should be to the advantage of the group.
- Ensure the smooth organization, administration and operation of the project office and its assets
- Lead in the preparation of quality and timely reports to the stakeholders in the right formats and frequencies
- Maintain regular and appropriate channels of communication with ADF, CEZAM and other relevant stakeholders in line with the aims and objectives of Lokipetot Community Food Security Project
- Foster and promote participatory development approaches, ownership and sustainability
- The Enterprise Manager will perform all duties related to his/her position and additional duties that may be assigned from time to time
How to Apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter with three references and day time telephone to email@example.com.
The subject line must include: “ ENTERPRISE MANAGER”.
Applications must be submitted not later than 16th October, 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.