Our client is a leading social enterprise operating in the livestock sector in Kenya with the aim of revolutionizing the provision of livestock and veterinary services to pastoralists and farmers in Kenya by creating a more sustainable service delivery model.
With over 4 year’s business presence in Kenya and with over 85 franchises and 95 outlets all over the country, they are looking to hire a proactive and dynamic professional to join their team as a New Business Development Manager.
The role will entail considerable traveling (80% traveling)
Job Purpose / Summary: To initiate and support the development of business opportunities that support the company’s growth and profitability.
The role provides business development support under the farmers training output.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the company’s employees to identify new business opportunities.
- Undertake market research and stakeholder’s engagement to turn opportunities into implementable projects.
- Write investment-ready business plans.
- Track local investors and donors to target potential investors.
- Prepare business investment proposals for board review targeting financing from banks, donors.
- Source for new investors to support the company’s initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Commerce or any business related field.
- An MBA will be an added advantage.
- Professional qualifications in CFA, CPA or ACCA with registration with either of the professional bodies.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in economic development.
- Ability to collect and analyze field data.
- Experience in engaging with C level executives and financiers in negotiations is highly desirable.
- Proven experience in investment analysis, capital arising and investment structuring.
- Experience guiding cross-functional teams, managing large projects involving multiple functions and department.
- Turn new business opportunities into viable cost centers.
- Make contributions to revenue generation.
- Experience in setting up agribusiness value chain.
- Experience in economic developing working with development partners highly desirable.
- Report writing skill
- Business plan writing skills
- Investment proposal writing skills
- Project management skills.
- Business acumen
- Qualitative and budgeting skills
- Market research skill
How to apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please make your application through our website www.dorbe-leit.co.ke before close of business 5th May 2017.
Only successful candidates will be contacted