Kenya Association of Music Producers (KAMP) and Performers Rights Society of Kenya (PRISK) are Collective Management Organizations licensed by the Kenya Copyright Board under the Copyright Act, 2001 to represent producers of sound recordings and performers of audio and audio-visual works respectively.
KAMP and PRISK are both mandated to collect license fees from the users of sound recordings and audiovisual works and distribute royalties to their respective rights holders
KAMP-PRISK seek to engage commission-based Licensing Agents (with NO retainer / salary) whose primary duty shall be licensing public users of sound recordings and audio-visual works, for Communication to the Public license, in accordance to Section 30 (A) of the Copyright Act, Cap 130, Laws of Kenya.
Appointed Licensing Agents shall be required to have the ability to establish strong relations across all levels both internally and externally with excellent communication skills.
KAMP-PRISK are looking for Licensing Agents to work in Nairobi, Machakos, Kitui, Mombasa, Voi, Kisumu, Siaya, Homabay, Migori, Kisii, Nyamira, Embu, Garissa, Busia, Bungoma, Kakamega, Vihiga and Trans Nzoia.
Licensing Agents Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Licensing business owners (users of audio and audio-visual works) in the specified region of work;
- Creating awareness to the public about KAMP-PRISK as CMOs for producer and performer rights respectively;
- Carrying out enforcement exercises in conjunction with the police from time to time as directed by the
- Regional Manager;
- Carrying out any other duty as may be assigned by the Regional Manager.
Qualifications for the Licensing Agents Job
- Must have at least a Diploma in Sales & Marketing, or any other related qualification, from a recognized institution.
- Must have at least one year progressive working experience in a sales and marketing. A good understanding of
- Copyright and Intellectual Property will be an added advantage.
- Must possess reporting and people relations skills.
- Must be an independent self-starter with pro-active approach to work and excellent follow through skills with attention to deadlines.
- Demonstrated professionalism and ability to manage work relations in a respectful and courteous manner.
- Must be dedicated to aligning with company goals and policies in ensuring success.
- Must have NO criminal background.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word.
- Good command of English and Kiswahili languages
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, please send your resume and application letter to the address below. All applications must be delivered on or before 5.00 p.m. Friday 10th March 2017.
The subject of the email should be “LICENSING AGENT”.