Scope and General Purpose:
To ensure Properties maintenance standards are achieved, the MAINTENANCE TEAM must perform a variety of tasks.
- Unit Manager
- Head of Housekeeping
The Laundry Attendant is responsible for the provision of laundry services to the clients as per set standards.
Liaises with: Head of Housekeeping
This includes, collecting all laundry requests from apartments, and preparation and delivery of clean linens.
Laundry Attendant Duties
- Ensures all clients’ personal clothing and laundry items are labelled
- Safely transports and handles soiled linen in accordance with infection control requirements
- Launders linen and client’s personal clothing according to policies and procedures
- Safe storage and use of laundry agents including correct cleaning agents used in correct quantities for each task
- Ensures correct storage and rotation of clean linen
- Inspects and identifies linen items for replacement
- Participates in the Infection Control Program
- Documents Laundry Cleaning Schedule
- Documents lost clothing
- Ensures linen laundered by outsourced agent is cleaned to the prescribed standards, and is collected and delivered on time
- Attending pre-shift meetings to learn room assignments and the day’s tasks.
- Folding, pressing, sorting linen, as well as washing and drying
- Ensure that everything is in working order and reports any room unable to be serviced to supervisor.
- Reports needed repairs of unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Responds to requests from guests, supervisors or management in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintains security of equipment, keys and supplies issued each day.
- Reporting missing articles, damage or mechanical problems and turn in articles left in room to supervisor.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Follows company policies and procedures.
- Is responsible of cleaning the uniform for the entire team.