KTDA Power Company Electrical Engineer Job vacancy 2013 in Kenya
Reporting to the Operations and Maintenance Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for planning, organizing, designing and supervising of the projects implementation and operations in relation to electrical works.
- Preparing electromechanical system design.
- Supervising surveying and designing of transmission line and interconnection facilities.
- Preparing site plan and managing site supervision.
- Ensuring efficient electrical energy production by monitoring outputs against targets and advising SHP
- Managing electrical suppliers and contractors to ensure high standards of workmanship and quality of goods and services supplied.
- Reviewing construction drawing and design reports.
- Reviewing tender documentation for electrical works.
- Participating in maintenance of electrical machinery & equipment.
- Designing and implementing systems to improve reliability and improve productivity
- Preparing periodic reports on undertaken projects/activities
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Statutory registration with relevant professional affiliations.
- Seven (7) years relevant working with at least two (2) as a senior engineer in a consultancy firm/large organization.
- Experience in hydropower development or electrical power maintenance and management in an industrial environment will be an added advantage.
- Equipped with the latest engineering design tools and equipments.
- Proficiency in CAAD, AUTOCAD, MS office suite.
- At least completed study, design and construction of a small hydro powerhouse electromechanical equipments and transmission and interconnection project.
If you fulfill the above requirements and wish to be considered, please write to us enclosing your cover letter and a detailed CV to reach the undersigned not later than 1st November 2013.
Group General Manager – Human Resources & Administration,
Kenya Tea Development Agency Ltd,
P.O Box 30213-00100,
Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.