LECTURER III -KIMC GRADE 6 –1 POST –REF NO. KIMC/L3/1/2017
Kenya Institute of Mass Communication (KIMC) is the oldest Middle Level media training Institution in Kenya established in 1961.It is currently a State Corporation established through Legal Notice No.197 of 2011(amended).
The Institute offers training at Post Graduate, Diploma and Certificate levels in Communication and Cinematic Arts.
Responsibilities for the Lecturer Job
The responsibilities of the Lecturer III shall include and not limited to:-
- Lecturing in areas of specialization in accordance with the syllabus;
- Preparing teaching/learning materials and Schemes of work;
- Setting and marking examination/assignment;
- Carrying out research work under the guidance and supervision of a senior trainer; and
- Supervising trainees’ projects and practical work.
Job Requirements for the Lecturer Job
For appointment to this position, a candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines; Mass Communication, Communications Studies, Broadcast Production (Film, Television or Radio), Media Studies, Information Science, Arts or Education (Linguistics, Kiswahili, Literature), Sociology/Philosophy, Economics or Business Studies, Theatre Arts/Performing Arts, Music, Electrical/Electronic/Telecommunication Engineering, Computer Science or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences with a postgraduate diploma in any of the following disciplines: Mass Communication, Communications Studies, Film Production, Television Production, Radio Production, Information Science, Computer Science, Photo Journalism, Broadcast Journalism, Journalism, Fine Art/
Art and Design, Drama/Theatre Arts, Performing Arts; Music or its equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution; and Certificate in computer application skills.
In addition, candidates must adhere to the provisions of Chapter VI on Leadership and integrity, as enshrined in the Constitution of Kenya 2010.Interested candidates must submit Certificates of Compliance fromKenya Revenue Authority (KRA), Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission (EACC), Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), and Credit Reference Bureau (CRB); and provide Certificate of Good Conduct from the Criminal Investigations Department (CID).
Terms of Service
The successful candidate will be on Permanent and Pensionable terms of service. The Salary for
this position will range from Kshs.32,376/= to 44,315/=
How To Apply
Candidates who meet the requirements are invited to send their applications quoting the job reference number accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae; copies of Academic and Professional Certificates, National Identity Card, Transcripts and Testimonials; Daytime
Contacts; Full Names and Contacts of three (3) referees to:
Kenya Institute of Mass Communication
Uholo Road, (South B), Nairobi
Off Mombasa Road
P.O. Box 42422 – 00100
So as to reach him not later than 3 rd February 2017.
The Kenya Institute of Mass Communication (KIMC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to implementing affirmative action.In this regard, women, persons with disability and minority with the requisite qualifications are encouraged to apply. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualifications.